1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clone error : unsurported css file

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by andmerr, Dec 23, 2003.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hi guys running anydvd with clone.
    Initially bypasses the css but about 55% of the read comes up with " unsurported css file" is this something new.I own the dvd .Title is back to the future 2.

Any help appreciated

Andmerr

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

yuriv, i thought that clone had come to a disk too hard to read so i tried dvd xcopy xpress that also only got to 55%.I will try your suggestion and let you know.

regards

andmerr

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Could your original be dirty or have a scratch on it. Seems funny that 2 different software programs do the same thing about the same place.
    Jerry

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

jerry i scanned the disk and it was not dirty and no scratches were visible.My dvd rom plays it perfectly form start to finish with no skips.The only thing i can think of it is not PAL but an ntsc version bought in malaysia, would that affect anything.

Still unsure where to go and fix this prob but will try dvd shrink

Tthanks for the advise

andmerr

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi andmerr, the PAL- NTSC issue I think would show up faster than 55%. It would be strange if that is the problem. Let us know if DVDShrink works. If it does the same thing, It has to be something other than software related. Possibly a small defect in the original. I know you checked it, but maybe the rip process is seeing something the normal playback doesn't.
    Jerry

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thanks jerry,i will send a post if it shrink doesnt work

regards

andmerr

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

jerry, using dvd shrink 2.3.Got to 44% and this message came up

" dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue operation CDVDCSS::read failed

the reason is data error (cyclic redundacy check)"

guess i'll have to see if i can get another version of this disk

regards

andmerr

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi andmerr, that error message in shrink usually means a damaged or dirty disc. It looks like thats the problem.
    Like I said, if 3 different programs give you errors at about the same point, it has to be the disc.
    Jerry

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thanks jerry for the help

andmerr

11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hi jerry746,

on afterdawns web site theres a small program that checks cds .Anyway i put that problem disk in and it says that the 4th vob is corrupt.Is there anything i can do .

regards

andmerr

12. john179

john179 Active member

Clone dvd does not support protected dvd films.Strip it with smart ripper to your hard drive which will remove all the protections and then whiz it through clone bobs your uncle job and done

Cheers

John.

13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hi ya john,
    cant strip it .Tried clone, shrink, xcopy,smart ripper, even tried to convert to svcd and or vcd. Cant get passed the 55% mark due to this error.
    The only thing that came close was this cd checker which actually told me where it was.

thanks for your imput

andmerr

14. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi andmerr, The only program I know of that says it can fix dvds is DVD X rescue by 321 studios. I haven't used it so I don't know how well it works. Its part of X copy platinum but I think its available by itself too. Don't know if there is a trial download for it. Good luck and Happy New Year.
    Jerry

15. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey jerry746

thanks for the idea,a mate of mine has this program i will try it next.

regards

andmerr

happy new year to all

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey jerry 746, you wre right ended up contacting 321 studio and they asure me that dvdx rescue will actually do a full reading and back up the data straight to my harddrive, my copy of the program is in the mail.So this should fix that prob.Oh by the way it is a separate program and costs 149.00 australian dollars

catch ya

andmerr

17. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi andmerr, Hope that program is worth the money. Let us know how well it works on that problem dvd. Good luck with it.
    Jerry

18. john179

john179 Active member

Just to add to your dvdxcopy i have this software and my personal view is its not all what it is made out to be.I installed the software on my pc and it did not work full stop.I think it may have a compatibility problem running along side clone dvd on the system.Ive yet to try installing it without clone on my system.My cousin however swears by it for copying but does tell me the rescue has a 50% sucsess rate with problem discs.Better than most so give it a bash you never know.
    Cheers
    John.

19. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thanks john for the imput

20. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hi jerry746 got that dvdx rescue. Initially after the install i tried to use it and it stumbled around at the same point that i had being having trouble with and it actually froze my pc,but when i used it the 2nd time it actually backed up the whole movie to my hard drive.This program is awesome.It recovers data from unreadable, corrupt or defective DVD,DVD R/RW,CD,CD R/RW.Detects corrupted files.Recovers corrupted files.
    Recovers improperly written data &data errors and works in both pc and mac formats.

Overall i'd say at this stage i am fairly impressed with this software and the price well not to bad considering that dvdx copy platinum over here is $300 australian.So finally the problem is solved thanks again for the help and the imput

regards

andmerr