1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clonedvd error

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by glfdrmr, Mar 31, 2004.

1. glfdrmr

glfdrmr Member

I just purchased a LG GSA-4081B (8x DVD multi drive) and using a 2.0 usb external case. I have a Dell Dimensions4550 P4 at 2.40 GHz, using WXP Home. I downloaded the free trial of CloneDVD and DVD Region Free to see how they work. I tried to copy a DVD and I keep getting the same error message: write DVD9 error possibly bad medium comes up. I'm using Ritek G04 4X 4.7GB DVD-R. I deleted CloneDVD, rebooted, reinstalled CloneDVD and rebooted (per suggestions in another thread) but I still got the same result. I downloaded the firmware from LG and still no change. I bought Memorex DVD-R's (one of the three brands suggested by LG) and still can't burn. After reading threads about ASPI layer threads, I used FORCEASPI to go back to Adaptec v4.6 and install the 4 layers. Then I deleted and reinstalled Clone DVD. I still get the same result. I'm ready to send the burner back! Can anyone give me anymore suggestions?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey herb you sure its free, went to a swap meet the other day, some clown tried to sell it to me.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

hehehe , report his arse to the local authorities then andmerr [he deserves it] !! ;-)