1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD problem backing up SW: Episode IV...

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by alexgt, Apr 4, 2005.

1. alexgt

alexgt Member

Hi All!

I am evaluating CloneDVD 2.7.5.1 and it was doing a great job in backing up my kids dvd collection, Up until now, it has been flawless.

Today I tried to backup Star Wars Episode IV and it starts fine but when it gets to file VTS_02_4.vob on frame or whatever the number is 111466 (1 minute and 40 seconds into the file) the DVD burner sends an error Unable to read file and stops.

I tried DVD shrink and same thing, I tried to copy that file to my pc, same error, the original disk does not appear to be damaged in any way. I tried to play that specific file with nero showtime in the computer but stops at mentioned time. on DVD player by the TV runs fine.

I have anydvd and does not say it has bad sector protection, so what do I do next?

BTW. I encountered same problem with Hulk at the same .vob number, Coincidence? or not?

Thanks!

Alex

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Sounds like an original disc problem since it is in the read mode. You can try DVD Decrypter which can sometimes be less sensitive to disc errors and/or a different original.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I have had this problem twice and exactly in VTS_2 _4 and it was because of defective disk. I returned the disk and got another original and it worked fine. Try cleaning the disk if this does not work, try another original.

4. alexgt

alexgt Member

Hi all!

I got another original and guess what? It stops at the exact same .vob and frame number! weird! I am going to try with another program, Anyone knows why Win ME system crashes when I try to run DVD decrypter? The error I get is like General Fault, system halted, no weird numbers or error codes or file names, just Halted and the only thing I can do is manual reboot.

Anyone else has had the same error? Another movie that has the error in the same .vob file is The Hulk, I am thinking if it is something made on purpose to fool the burner.

5. DButabi6

DButabi6 Member

Try a new DeCSS Program. I reccomend the latest version of AnyDVD. New protection methods are being encorporated on DVDs so frequently now its rediculous. Though i would think it is a bad Disc, There could also be a hardware problem with your Optical Drive. Try replicating this process at a friend or co-workers house to see if it crashes there as well. That should eliminate some variables in this problem. Good luck!

--Adam

6. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

How frequently?