1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD with Region Free DVD anyone?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by HellGates, Jan 6, 2005.

1. HellGates

HellGates Member

I was just wondering if anyone out theres uses CloneDVD with Region Free DVD to copy their DVDs? I hear everyone talking about DVD Shrink & to tell you the truth, if all the program does is basiclly shrink the DVD to fit on a disc, I will probably never need a use for it. I have been using this setup for about a year to a year & a half & it has never let me down. Menus & everything. The only question I have is if someone does have this setup & has or has messed with the other setup, which is better for quality. Whcih keeps most of the original DVDs quality in picture?

2. joschez

joschez Regular member

just try the dvd shrink. Its the best. I have never had a problem.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

CloneDVD and Shrink are different. CloneDVD can not Rip the encryption from a dvd movie where as Shrink can. CloneDVD needs a ripping/decrypting agent like AnyDVD or DVD43 to work with it. I have used both and never really saw enough difference to say either has better quality but using CloneDVD you get full usage of the menu after you edit. With Shrink you loose the use of the menu if you edit. My 1st choice for backups is CloneDVD2/AnyDVD combo. But you can't beat Shrinks price(FREE).

Jerry

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Servers weren't liking you were they Jerry? I got rid of the multiples for you ;)

5. HellGates

HellGates Member

Yeah, that is what I like better. Because with CloneDVD, you can customize your DVD to your liking. Such as taking out unnecessary subtitles, other language audio, bonus features, ect. I have been using it for the whole time & had know problems. Plus, I already have Region Free DVD which frees up EVERY SINGLE encryption there is out there. I also get constant updates for a lifetime(or until they bomb, if they even do.) But that is my opinion on the subject.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thanks Nephilim, I have problems everywhere. The net at home has been down completely for 2 days. The servers on here keep double posting me. The internet service I'm on now at work keeps going on and off for no reason. I'm having internet withdrawal(think I spelled that right). Thanks again there buddy.

Jerry