1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clonedvd2 2.0.8.3 very slow

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by cclancy1, Apr 29, 2004.

1. cclancy1

cclancy1 Guest

hi i don't know if anyone has noticed changes but i have had elbys clonedvd since around 1.6 and have gone through all the model changes since and have just upgraded to 2 ,the interface was great all the new switches and menus and even being able to see what your decoding as you go .but something seems a miss and i'm not sure whether it's just me but decoding now takes 60 something minutes and converting to iso same ,and then movie burning seems to take the same as it always did so instead of making a movie start to finnish in 45 mintues i'm now into 2 1/2 hours for the same process no changes apart from clonedvd upgrade on a 1.6 northwood ,ddr 333 768mb ramm ,60 seagate 7200 rpm does anyone have the same dramas .i'm thinking i'll just go back to the old reliable dvdcloney 1.7

2. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

I stop the sheep from doing his thing and if you have windows xp run msconfig and uncheck all the startup only keep what you need like anydvd and so on. It went faster for me and I ned a new computer really bad.

3. RWG

RWG Regular member

I have been using the latest version of CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD. It's working just fine for me with this computer. Ripping and burning speeds are about the same as a DVD Shrink / Nero or DVD Shrink / DVD Decrypter rip and burn.

4. RWG

RWG Regular member

Forgot to mention I'n using CloneDVD2 2.0.8.4

5. cclancy1

cclancy1 Guest

well i was really only meaning slow in comparison to older clone software but i changed a few things ,like not turning into a iso before burning which i used to do and it's cut down the time by 30 odd minutes but i still don't see why this new dvd clone takes longer in this area ,but it has many new features which are much better and i must say it was the futurama series dvd's that i was burning that seem to take forever will have to see how older movies go to get a real comparison and i always turn most things off when burning to make sure it has everything just for dvd clone ,i do also notice that the new program goes very easy on the ramm where as before i would have to keep using a program "free ram" to gather it up when it gets in single figures when i have 768mb of ddr 333 in total

6. asawyer13

asawyer13 Member

I am having the same problem. I'm using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 2.0.8.4. CloneDVD 1.3.11.2 works fine, and so does DVDShrink. It now take 3 1/2 hours to copy the DVD to an ISO, where CloneDVD 1.3.11.2 takes less than 1 hour.
    I'm assuming I've installed something on my computer but I'm not sure what it would be. Since regular CloneDVD is working, and CloneDVD2 isn't, it seems like it may be related to the CloneDVD2 version, or something that it's doing differently.
    Any ideas??

7. cclancy1

cclancy1 Guest

well it's curious that it seems to happen in making a iso out of the image and not converting and compressing the image which i think i read they added better image quality to the new dvd2 which i couldn't detect, the futurama series i just burned off which there was like 20 dvds instead of me thinking there was an hour max in each it was about 3 in each until i turned off iso and got it back to 1/45 or so,but it's still better than the earlier version ,has anyone also noticed movies of the same length taking all differant ammounts of time like 25 mins or more differance

8. RWG

RWG Regular member

I can't figure out why you folks are having problems. I just made a backup of disc 1 of Lonesome Dove (the movie) and kept the Menus and every track. The DVD is 4+ hours in run length.

Making the compressed ISO from data read off the DVD took me 25m:22s. Started 19:10:45 and finished at 19:36:41.

I used CloneDVD2 2.0.8.4 and AnyDVD. Machine specs are below.

9. asawyer13

asawyer13 Member

I wasn't running that old of a version of AnyDVD but I upgraded to the newest and it seems to have fixed my problem.
    I guess AnyDVD and ClondDVD2 need to be updated to newest version at the same time, or something like that.
    Thanks,
    Alan