1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD2/AnyDVD vs. DVD Decrypt/Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Timm129, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Timm129

Timm129 Member

I've been burning a lot DVDs lately and have tried both Clone/AnyDVD and DVD Decrypt/Shrink. The Clone/AnyDVD wins by a long shot. I've had several movies that Shrink would get about 50% and would just stay there during the open disk. Maybe it was scratches or other problems but the Clone/AnyDVD combo never gave any trouble at all. The only thing bad about CloneDVD/AnyDVD is the price...... but it is worth it.

2. kidmd

kidmd Guest

Which DVD's would'nt copy with Shrink? I've been using this program for a long time and have rarely had problems, and none that I haven't been able to resolve.

3. Timm129

Timm129 Member

Legally Blonde 2 ... Pumping Iron 25th Annivers. Big Daddy. Again I think it was problem with the source disk. They were all original but had scratches on them.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter are both great programs and you can't beat the price (free). But my main backup software is the CloneDVD/AnyDVD combo for about a year now. I agree that the $40. each is well worth the money. Haven't had a dvd copy problem yet and all backups always play excellent.

Jerry

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

$40!! I paid $65 for the two.

I agree it's hard to compare free with $$$. If your going to pay definitly AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 get my vote (also my main backup choice).