1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD2 BITES!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mikeishee, Jan 2, 2005.

1. mikeishee

mikeishee Member

I could only make one copy and it sucks! I have tried using 5 different types of media and RW's, updating my firmware & re-installing CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD and I still can't make copies. Is there any software out there that actually works?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

CloneDVD2 is one of the most reliable apps to be had. If Clone won't work I highly doubt any other software is going to work. The problem most likely lies with something othere than the software. What specific errors or problems are you having?

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

You can get dvd shrink & dvd decrypter for free from the software section on this forum. Shrink does the reading/compressing, decrypter burns for you. Or if you have nero & shrink you can do it that way. Shrink will pick up that you have nero (for burning) & burn automatically.

There are lots of guides for shrink, ScubaPete (hallowed be thy name) is THE shrink man.
    As Neph says a lot of people highly rate clonedvd, so you could have other probs.
    What have you got for your anti-virus?
    Have you turned off other apps before you burn?
    Are you muti-tasking whilst reading/burning? If so DON'T!
    You already have anyDvd for macrovision, encryption etc (this is a top piece of software!)

Hope this has been of some help.
    Pulsar

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Some system specs would not do any harm either!

5. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

On the last screen of CloneDVD 2 make sure you change the write speed from "Maximum" to 4X or at least 1 speed lower than the rated speed of the DVD. For example, if the DVD it rated at 8X set the speed to 6X or 4X. I set it to 6X and get perfect results. With 4X DVD's I set it to 2-2.4X. Leaving it set to Maximum is flirting with disaster.

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I love it when someone blames it on the software!!

7. mikeishee

mikeishee Member

Guys, look.

I have a compaq 5420US 1.47Gz, 80 gig hard drive (85% free), a creative Dual 8X burner and I have treid memorex, Fujifilm, sony, KHypermedia and Imation.

When I treid using RW's (Memorex) the error messages said "Unexpected error" Details: WriteDVD 10 0 W2. I used to use DVDXpress copy and it stopped working three months ago. I even tried closing all start-up programs & process & still the software did not work.

I even tried reformating my hard drive (factory recovery & lost all my data) and I am still not using any antivirus as DVDXpress says that it can interfear with operation. I have updated XP (except SP2), flashed my DVD burner w/ Creative 2.6 firmware and still no copies. I couldn't even copy Anchorman.

8. Nephilim

So has anything worked since XCopy Express quit working?

Is DMA enabled for your drive?

Have you tried higher quality media such as Verbatim Metal AZO, TDK or Maxell? All of the media you've tried has been known to be of low quality and may very well be a factor in your problem.

9. mikeishee

mikeishee Member

DVDXcopy made 1 back-up and that was it. CloneDVD2 made only one bad back-up of Resident Evil. I have re-installed CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD and used Maxwell. The back-up was completed and I will let you know about the quality after I watch the back-up.

10. thecow

thecow Member

mikeishee,

I have been using DVD Decrypter for awhile now and
    never had any problems with it. I recently tried
    to rip a DVD Movie and ran into some snag. The movie
    is Resident Evil AN. Couldn't figure out why it won't
    rip until I decided to try CloneDVD2 and ripped it
    without any problem whatsoever. DVD Decrypter still
    works for other movies but the point is, CloneDVD2
    worked where my favorite ripper failed. You might
    have a deeper problem that needs a computer techie to look at your computer.

11. Nephilim

CloneDVD2 doesn't rip anything - it's AnyDVD that does the magic :)

12. masakari

masakari Member

Hey mikeishee,
    Resident Evil 2 has it's known problems that are covered here in the forum. I used to only use DVD Xcopy until I ran into that type of copyprotection. Now I use more than 1 type of software. If Both of your burning apps have failed, try many of the free ones that are talked about here in the forum. Tons of links leading to great freeware in this place. (means you are gonna have to do some reading Bro) Try burning something you have successfully burned in the past with new burner apps as well as your old stuff, just to test your system. If it is as I expect...you have deeper problems.

13. morpheuss

morpheuss Member

I am confused, can you at least rip it?
    You can't just burn RE2 with CloneDVD2, you need AnyDvd 4.4.1.1

14. killalot

killalot Active member

Rip all the disk to hard drive first with Dvd Decrypter run power dvd just to make sure movie plays fine first and the audio is there ripped films before and the audio was missing.Start Clone Dvd2 clone dvd title bla bla you know the drill take out any extras etc after thats done sart Nero 6 make dvdvideo verify the written data always a good thing to select had films before got half into the movie and jumps back to the start job done never had any problems with clone dvd2 at all and good quality if i do say so....

15. DVDeviant

DVDeviant Member

CloneDVD2 is great, mike. Re-check your settings.

16. ozy

ozy Regular member

I agree clonedvd2 and anydvd rocks!!
    However I do have one problem with it doing episodics. I tried to back up Taken Volume 2(the steven speilberg series) which has two titles. I clicked both of these titles in movie only section. Everything went well but when I watched the damn thing the dvd player would only play the first title then stop. This confused the hell out of me so I tried it in the computer drive and both titles were there. Could someone explain what happened here, I am stumped. I ended up re-doing the movie with dvdshrink without a problem.

17. killalot

killalot Active member

Did you do the disk with CloneDvd2 ? did you select peserve the menu"s ?

18. killalot

killalot Active member

Thats preserve the menu sorry.......................

19. ozy

ozy Regular member

No! I just wanted to join the two titles as if it were one movie. I never preserve menus with any backups I do.

20. killalot

killalot Active member

ive never tried that with clone only ever done that once and i did it with dvd2one sorry .......