1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clonedvd2 problems after latest update

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by dlc2000, Apr 19, 2005.

1. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

hello all ,

i tried using the latest update 2.8.0.2 of clonedvd2 and it does not work right . it reads fine , but does not burn correctly anymore . i either get a error or it wont burn at all . i reinstalled the previous version and that works fine. i see quite a few others on cdfreaks having similar issues as me . my question is , is anybody else having burning problems with the latest version clonedvd2 ? it seems odd that i have not seen anybody else here at aD having problems with it . im wondering if its certain machines having problems or what the cause of the problem is .

2. robguy

robguy Member

3. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

thanks for the reply , i have already been following the threads on cdfreaks as i stated above . i reinstalled version 2.8.0.2 and changed the write .dll file as suggested in the link you posted and everything works fine now . it looks like clonedvd2 needs some work now . im sure they will be much faster about it than nero . i started a thread in early january about nero recode problems and they still dont have that software working correctly . you would think after 4 months they would have the problems corrected by now . im still seeing posts almost daily with people having problems with nero . oh well atleast i have a temp fix for clonedvd2 now until they release a update for a update . thanks again for the reply

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

5. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

6. guyver3

guyver3 Member

I am having the same problem as everybody else, the new version of CloneDVD does not work. I tried it on my laptop first then in my pc just to make sure, and neither machine could get it to work. Slysoft emailed me and told me there was no problem, but I can see from the posts that I am not the only one with this problem.

7. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

thankyou very much everyone , i'm going to give these newer updates a go and see what happens . wish me luck . i will report my findings when i'm done .

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

They now are at least saying there was a problem with both Clonedvd and Anydvd. The link Bilbo65 shows will take you to the new updates. Afterdawn hasn't updated the software site yet.

Jerry

9. trig15401

trig15401 Guest

hello all..newly registered here....funny...this topic is the reason i found you folks...heh-heh!!

anyway--what i found is that after the successful read and the software calls for a blank disc...it never shows progress on the write progress bar and then fails...BUIT if you insert another blank and click write again--it freakin works...and will work for more succeding copies....it fails on the first write attempt after a read only.....i will now go back and see what you all have said and look at some of those links!!

thanks for the info

10. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

welcome to afterdawn trig15401 , enjoy your stay . this site is full of a wealth of knowledge .

thanks for the help once again everyone . you all have made my day . everything seems to be ok now . i just backed up meet the fockers as a test and all went well . nothing bad to report . thanks again . now if nero could be this speedy about fixing their software i would be happy with their software . maybe they should take lessons from clonedvd2 .lol

11. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Glad to hear all problems with the programs seem to be worked out, happy burning.