1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

* CloneDVD2 very VERY slow *

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by WanderLA, Jun 7, 2007.

1. WanderLA

WanderLA Member

I've been a pretty happy CloneDVD2 user. Most times, I can rip and burn a dvd within 40mins.

Anyways, I just upgraded to the latest version 2.9.09 and since then everything is taking over 3,000 minutes! It's ridiculous. I did some googling and make sure my IDE controllers were set to DMA only and it's still taking over 3,000 minutes. I even de-installed/re-installed CloneDVD2 a few times and defragged my HDD and the same thing.

So last night after hours of work, I dropped it to the previous version 2.9.08. Same results.

What gives? What has changed? Is there another program that I can use that will give me better results?

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

there is something going on here....... CloneDVD2 v2.9.0.9 is fine! did you call up Slysoft and get their advise? try cleaning your disk! maybe it's having a problem reading it! I have this version and it's perfectly fine.

3. WanderLA

WanderLA Member

I finally fixed this. I did an Windows XP System Restore to a week back and now all the slowness issues are gone. So either a Windows update or something else was killing my computer. Weird, eh?

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

not weird at all..... you could have installed or downloaded something that messed up your settings or just clogged windows up and made your machine slow! I have all sorts of programs that I use to clean out my computer and I do it every other day to keep my machine lean and mean and working like it's out of the box! here are my programs:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007