1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CLONEDVD2 vs NERO 6 ultra

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mrperry05, Aug 23, 2004.

1. mrperry05

mrperry05 Guest

Personally i love both these bits of software, clone because of its simplicity and nero because its nero but which do u prefer?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2004
  2. brian100

brian100 Guest

To be perfectly frank I do not use either, but have tinkered with both. If I was forced into a corner I would choose Recode.

You really owe it to yourself to try the latest DVDshrink v3.2. It is free, so you've got nothing to lose. You may be aware that this app has recently had great improvements made to it's transcoding engine resulting in a big quality jump in image output. To achieve these greater results it takes longer in time, but if its quality you're after...well need I say more.

3. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

However using DVDShrink doesn't allow him to burn his DVD's, he still needs an application such as DVDDecryptor or Nero etc...

I would prefer Nero Ultra over DVDClone myself.

4. brian100

brian100 Guest

aut0psy

True about Shrink having no internal burner. But as you stated DVDdecrypter does burn, and that app is free also.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The only part of Nero you can use to compare to CloneDVD2 is the Recode part. I have used the New Shrink, Recode, and CloneDVD. I always go back to Clone for DVD backups.As far as any other type burning, data or music,etc its Nero all the way. I just get better results and never any problems at all with CloneDVD2. Its not free but worth the money in my opinion. Shrink can't be beat for the price and recode is somewhere in the middle. It seems too slow for me and my system.

Jerry

6. john179

john179 Active member

Clone dvd is great for backing up dvd films but Nero is a more all round performer so i would lean towards Nero.

John179

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I just started using CloneDVD2 ... and I must say I'm impressed. Simple, fast, and the quality is great.

And I think CloneDVD2 vs. Nero 6 isn's a very good comparision.

8. hm1

hm1 Regular member

have to say that DVD shrink rocks and its compatibility with DeCrypter is superb

all free and all excellent

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi flip218, Thats what I was trying to get across. You can't compare apples to oranges. Clone is designed for dvd backup from the beginning. Nero is a complete package for many things. If you compare just the dvd backup part of Nero to Clone, Clone wins hands down in my opinion. Its all in how you look at it. I'm not taking anything away from Nero. Its great. But Recode isn't as good as Clone.

Jerry

10. mrperry05

mrperry05 Guest

I have shrink, i just wanted to know which one of these i should use

thx for all the replies

11. john179

john179 Active member

If you use shrink then Nero will compliment this fine bit of kit by polishing the end product for you.