1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CLONEDVD2

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by wildem, Oct 28, 2004.

1. wildem

wildem Guest

PLEASE HELP!! THIS MESSAGE COMES UP-----

-A DVD write error has occured, probably caused by a bad medium. please replace the meduim and try again.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THIS MEANS.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I believe it's a bad media error. What brand of discs are you using?

And please don't use caps

3. flyingman

flyingman Member

I'm having the same problem. Pioneer 108 rev.1.14
    It is not the media for sure. Using clonedvd2 2.4.5.4
    Try Maxell, Verbatim etc The drive is new but will not lauch to read movie or CD and if I clone a DVD using a blank in the Pioneer, I get the same error Msg.

Any Idee ?

-A DVD write error has occured, probably caused by a bad medium. please replace the meduim and try again.

4. woolley4u

woolley4u Member

I've gotten this error too but other than One Time I was able to get it to disappear. I simply kept opening the the DVD player, repositioning the DVD and starting the process over. It has taken several times to get it to work, but eventually Most DVDs seem to work.

I haven't the slightest idea of What this error message is though and would like to hear what others have to say. I did find it to completely block one DVD so something is "Rotten in Denmark" as someone once said.

You also might try changing DVDs and see if that works.

5. cbabson

cbabson Member

I have been making backup movies until this last Tues. Harry Potter had just been released. My daughter put in a CD instead of a DVD-R. Of course it came up media error, but now it writes to about 25-80% and says media error. I have tried 3 different kinds at all different speeds. I have even reloaded Win98 SE AND loaded XP on my second hard drive to see if it was some sort of driver/error log conflict. Tried saving the movie to my HD first. Burned a regular backup DVD with the "bad" media, so I know the media works. Nothing works with CloneDVD2. I'm using the lastest updates. Went back to the old versions to see if that writes, no. I am not keen on contacting Slysoft as they will tell me.."change your media". I've been just fine up to now. If I just knew where to even start to look. Anyone have a clue?
    SonyDRU500A
    Win98SE AND XPHome

6. flyingman

flyingman Member

I reinstall AnyDVD 4.0.4.1 and CloneDVD 2.4.5.4 and it seem a lot more stable.

7. cbabson

cbabson Member

Follow up to my problem. I did a clean load of windowxp (been meaning to anyway). Then I loaded only AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 (and of course Norton). Didn't fix my problem. I then upgraded my firmware. It worked. So, as far as I can tell, you have to at least upgrade your firmware on any burner to keep rolling. Just a thought.

8. smilerdeb

smilerdeb Guest

I'm having the same problem here. I get as far as reading but when it comes to writing...forget it.
    I keep getting erro message D10 .Any idea anyone?

9. cbabson

cbabson Member

Well....I thought I had fixed my problem. Only got the one of my cheap media to work, back to coasters. I'm convinced that the media is defective. Just gotta stick to the media suggested by the manufacturer. Sigh.

10. smilerdeb

smilerdeb Guest

Its not the media...as I know of 5 other people having the same problem ...all using CloneDVD2 and this has only happened in the last 5 days.
    It seems to have started on Tuesday 7th December 2004.
    Im gonna work on it today and will let you know if I find a solution.

11. smilerdeb

smilerdeb Guest

I dont know if this has anything to do with my burning problems but....I found by uninstalling the OLD CloneDVD and d/loading the NEW one out this week, I have had no problems.
    Maybe try that...it's worked for me.
    I was pulling my hair out and lost many DVD's by it.

12. 240176

240176 Member

Ive been getting that problem for the past few days, and I always use the same disks - I may install the old version for a while see how it gets on :)

13. smilerdeb

smilerdeb Guest

Just a quick note to say all has been working fine with CloneDVD2.
    I dont know what it was but do have a feeling that it has something to do with SP1a.....I dont like SP2 and installed SP1a instead. Seems like the older version doesnt like it too much.
    But with CloneDVD2, I have had no problems.

14. Dickel

Dickel Member

I am having the saem problem, it was all fine till just the other day as like many of U. I lost bought 6 dvds to this problem. I have no Idea what SP2 & SP1a is. Can someone please help me before i throw this computer out my window!!!! I tried 2 different types of DVDs. I tried reloading the clonedvd2 program, yet no luck. This is gettin to be an expensive problem with al the dvds I keep throwin away. ANYONE HELP ME????

15. smilerdeb

smilerdeb Guest

Dickel

Add me to msn messenger...i'll help u

email removed. Read the forum rules.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2004
  16. flip218

smilerdeb,

Don't post your email again.

17. Dickel

Dickel Member

I don't think they gonna let ya post ur email stuff smilerdeb. Guess ya gonna hafta help me thru this way.

Yelmontecarlo--- yep it me always is & will be!!!

18. cbabson

cbabson Member

Thanks for posting the rules. I'm bad not to read them when I sign up for things. Bad, bad.
    Update for my struggles: still could not get Memorex to write with Clone. Did get some cheap stuff to work! I now think Smilerdeb is right, it's the program. I hate that too, cause now I will be unwilling to update when they offer them. I may just leave well enough alone. Does Slysoft ever see these forums?
    Happy New Year!

19. flip218

I've never had a problem w/ CloneDVD2. then again I don't use Memorex. I use TDK +R and now Verbatim +R's.

20. ozy

ozy Regular member

I too have never had a major problem with clonedvd2.
    Using latest version 2.5.4.3 + anydvd
    Princo dvd-r 4x media
    Windows XP Pro - Service Pack 2
    Intel Pentium 4 2.0 gig processor
    512 Ram
    Pioneer dvr-105 burner
    Sony dvd-rom drive DDU1611

I also have the cd recording option disabled in the properties of the pioneer dvd-rw drive
    My Computer/right click on drive/properties/recording/remove tick on "enable cd recording from this drive". It gives me troubles if I tick this option.