1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ClonyXXL: 5 Skulls but no protection identified ...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by tigre, Jul 6, 2003.

1. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for your detailed replys, Shoey!

I've tried exactly what you recommended but no success. I'll try on another PC (2 more drives) - but if this doesn't work either I'll give up (It works with Alcohol Emulation - and that's enuff for me - the rest is curiosity).

FYI: The copy protection IS Starforce.
    One time when I tried to run the program from another copied CD there were some instabilities due to switching Alcohol emulation on/off and there was some kind of message "StarForce ... blah ... Virus detected ..." So I searched all files on the CD with an HEX editor and found some "StarForce"s.

2. maltman

maltman Member

Hi tigre, hi Shoey

I followed your dialog with interest. I`ve got the same problem like tigre. I tried to follow your steps but every time the prog starts I have to reenter the serial. The prog itself never opened yet.
    tigre: Waht did you do to make the prog finally work (as posted 11 Jul 2003 7:08 AM)
    You can also write in German to walz@directbox.com

Thank you very much....

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I'm convinced that if you create a working mdf or bwa file the backup will work (without asking for the serial over& over). Download Alcoholer 4.x& patch. After installing open Alcoholer and go to settings>untick "load last ClonyXXL". Now look at the profile for Starforce v.1/2 then Starforce v.3 Notice one profile is different from the other? I would read the image with sub-q>read pregap area>data position measurement high (1x) and bypass efm error (if your burner isn't a "2 sheep burner". Read the image at 8x and [bold] save as .ccd (CloneCD format) [/bold]. When finished , launch Alcoholer and run TwinCreator. Leave the options as default and patch the image file. Now open Alcohol 120% and use the SecuROM *new* datatype profile to burn the patched image at 8x (RAW DAO). [bold] Before burning you'll be warned that the image size doesn't match the lead-out specified in the toc and you'll be given three burning options. The first option is correct: "Keep TOC as on source cd, write until end of image file". [/bold] Now try and play the backup in your dvd\cd-rom. This is trial and error as you may have to create more than 1 mdf file. if the backup fails then read the image from another drive.

Alcoholer 4x:http://www.alcoholer.com/
    Note than you can download Alcoholer 4.x that comes with ClonyXXL. To locate ClonyXXL go to the directory to where you installed Alcoholer 4.x Example: C:\Program Files\Alcoholer\ClonyXXL. Copy& paste ClonyXXL to your desktop.

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2003
  4. maltman

maltman Member

Shoey, thank you for your fast reply.

I tried to do exactly what you wrote but there are still problems.

I used Alcoholer 4.0b & patch to modify the settings and Alcohol 120% 1.4.3 for making images.

After starting Alcohol 120% by Alcoholer I can't make the image beacuse I get this (Alcohol120%)error:

Cannot change Visible in OnShow or OnHide.

So I changed all Settings in Alchol120% manually. This schould work either, or not ?

In Alcohol, I got only the possibility to make .mds files. I can't change to .cdd. There is only .mds !
    Was it really your intention to use Alcohol 120& ?
    I do NOT get this error. I works error free.

Finally I have to reenter the code but the prog didn't start.

I have downloaded the newest version of Alcohol 120& now. Does it make a difference ?

I also got Blindwrite. Shall we give them a try ?

Thnks, maltman

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Don't use Alcoholer to launch Alcohol 120%, do it manually m8.

After you insert your SecuROM 4.8.x protected image, click image burning wizard>next. Look to the right where it says image file format and change to CloneCD (.ccd)>next.

Are you 100% sure the mdf. or bwa file is tucked [bold] inside the folder [/bold] where you saved the image of the SecuROM 4.8.x protected image?

Shoey :)