1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closed captioning!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by twosoul, Feb 3, 2005.

1. twosoul

twosoul Member

I'm a newbie at DVD burning. Someone highly recommended DVD Shrink - and it worked for the first three movies I burned last week. Tonight, I sat down to watch one of the two movies I finished burning today, and or some reason, I'm getting closed-captioned at the bottom of the screen! (appears on both movies.) It can be very distracting!! Is there something I forgot to do today? A step I didn't do prior to doing the analysis, the backup or the burning? I would really appreciate some help. Thanks

2. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

Ok lets get the stupid answers out of the way first.

1)Is the mute button on?
    2)Is it a foreign film?

Which movies are you trying to watch? Did you reauthor (main movie only) or shrink the entire movie?

3. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

If you want to completly remove them from a disc your burning when you open it in Shrink look under the Compression Settings box to the right and go down to Subpicture, uncheck all options. Sometimes this happens to my Dvd's as well. Did you try hitting the Sub-T button on the Dvd remote?

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

First of all, are you sure it's CC? Or are they subtitles? The difference is significant.

Whether CC's display or not is controlled by your TV, not your dvd. If you are not seeing CC's when you watch ordinary TV, then they are probably not CC's. Well, they may be called "captions" but they are encoded as subtitles.

Subtitles are commonly controlled by your dvd remote. You should be able to turn them off with the remote. If not, then they are probably a type of subtitle known as "Forced". I don't think the normal compression options where you uncheck subtitles (occasionally called captions, even though they really aren't) in dvd shrink will work for "forced" subtitles. I don't think it is possible to remove "forced" subtitles with dvd shrink.