1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clueless here

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hongkong, Feb 5, 2005.

1. hongkong

hongkong Member

When I use my dvd decypter it works fine it copies the disc then I don't know what to do after that to get it to make a back up. I guess I am supposed to go to DVD shrink, I am lost can any one help?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Try read the guides first.

3. hongkong

hongkong Member

I have, after the disc copies to the decypter I go to dvd shrink open the disc then it says click ok I do an error comes up and says un able to complete or unknown error

4. hongkong

hongkong Member

Where exactly is a guide to use decypter and dvd shrink together. If any one could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

5. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

6. hongkong

hongkong Member

O.k. I found the scubapetes guide for decrpter and shrink I am at the part on the shrink where it says "then under the file iso tab untick enabling burning with nero then click ok" lets start that now" can anyone tell me where that is. There is nothing like that on my shrink 2.3

7. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

If that's not a typo and your using ver 2.3, upgrade to 3.2. He's saying from Shrink main menu up top you go to Edit<Preferences<File I/O and down towards the bottom it says "enable burning with nero" you need to make sure that's un-checked/ticked.

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

if you want to use guides from there sites! follow my sig links below!

does your film have sony arccos protection?

9. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Thanks guys for all your help, what would be the best ver of shrink to go along with dvd encrypter and to follow scuba petes help page? Rotary I 'm not really sure what sony aroccs protection is sorry

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

get the latest versions of both!

sony arccos depends what is the film you are ripping?

11. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I'M GETTING CLOSER!!! Even though my name changed i am still the same guy!! OK got shrink 3.2 I am going off scuba petes guide. I am to the part where it say's "now its time to select back up" it says take a second and under target device go to select backup target >>>I can't find TARGET DEVICE let alone select backup target. In advance you guys are So sool thanks alot I will get this goig tonight....PS I have down loaded dvd decrypter

12. captflint

captflint Guest

Make sure that you utalize dvddecrypt first, then shrink, make sure that you choose your prefrences, in both proggies, then backup with shrink

13. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

O k I think I get it.....if you don't here back real soon maybe I got it going, or I passed out on my keyboard ....Thanks Captain

14. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

OK 1 more question,, now it is starting to decode I puased it for now. When it's done decoding will it ask for blank media to back up the disc As I only have one drive. Will it walk me through it by its self? Thanks, Joe

15. captflint

captflint Guest

i dont recommend pausing, and yes the wizard will ask for new media to write to,,,,but if you used decrypt, then the dvd is on your hdd already, and you can/already removed the original dvd, and replace with blank media