1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coasters, coasters, coasters !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by HaloPimp, Feb 3, 2005.

1. HaloPimp

HaloPimp Member

if anyone has made several coasters using dvd decrypter or alcohol 120 like me, I have found a way to make perfect flawless backups. in many burning programs there is an option that says "burn-proof" or "enable buffer underun technology". when ever your going to make a backup make sure that option is not selected. I had problems making backups in dvd- and dvd+ but when I deselected that option both types of media ran great on my console. I'm using the new slim ps2. hope this helps you guys who are having troble with making backups

2. deutroni

deutroni Member

Hello!!!
    I have one main question: Can you use a dvd burner and dvd decrypter to make pS2 backups without using modchips, etc.? I went by these attached directions, and got 3 coasters. I did not use your recommendations yet about disabling those options. Should it work if I use the following directions, as well as your suggestions? Thanks, and here are the directions I used!

Step 1 - Create a folder on your hard drive and name it VIDEO_TS. (i.e. C:\VIDEO_TS)
    Step 2 - Insert your PS2 Game Disk in your DVD-ROM.

Step 3 - Insert your blank DVD-R into your DVD-R

Step 4 - Launch DVD Decrypter. DVD Decrypter will automatically read your PS2 Game Disc.

Step 5 - Select the ISO Mode and then Read R. (This step is to change the ripping mode) Figure 1.2

Step 6 - Select a Destination. From the destination box, you have to select a filename and directory where to store the ISO image that DVD Decrypter will create for you.

Step 7 - Navigate to the folder you created in Step 1 (i.e. C:\VIDEO_TS), give your PS2 Game a name. Then click the Save button.

Step 8 - Copy the PS2 Game to your hard drive. After setting the destination filename, simply click the copy symbol in bottom of the window and DVD Decrypter will start ripping the game and creating a DVD image file to your HDD.

Step 9 - The ripping process may take between 15 - 60 minutes depending on your computer configuration. You will be presented with a progress panel (During the Ripping process do not use your computer or run any other programs)

Step 10 - Upon completion of the ripping process you will be presented with the panel. You will also find an image file (ISO file) with the game name you gave. This file will have an *.ISO extension on it. This ISO file can be burned directly to a DVD-R using DVD Decrypter.

Step 11 - Burn the image to DVD. After the ripping process has finished, you simply go to Mode menu again and select Write under ISO selection.

Step 12 - In the Source section of DVD Decrypter, click on the small folder icon and select your movie from the directory you created in Step 1 (the ISO image) from your hard drive and click Open.

Step 13 - Insert your blank DVD-R into your DVD-R burner and click the copy icon and wait for a veeeery loong time :)

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

PS2 games are actually pressed DVD/CD discs, they are not burned. PS2 games use the Burst Cutting Area (BCA) of the disc to identify themselves to the PS2 unit. The BCA is not part of a disc that you can burn on, it is only replicated on pressed discs.
    So, the only way to play backups is to get boot-discs or a mod-chip.

Get swap magic disks and a flip-top or tool.
    (That is TRULY ALL YOU NEED)
    The best 30 bucks i ever spent.
    http://www.swapmagic3.com

4. HaloPimp

HaloPimp Member

first of all you can't play backups without a mod chip or swap disk because they will not boot. the destination folder doesn't need to be named like that you can put any name you want, mine says ps2 games. to make a good back up use dvd decrypter. first go to mode>iso>read after you have selected the destination folder you start to rip. when thats done go to mode>iso>write and when you are asked to select the file you wish to burn, select the .MDS file that was created. after that just burn it at 1X speed and you are good to go!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005