1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COD4 online taking toooooo long

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ehsan_c, Dec 8, 2007.

1. ehsan_c

ehsan_c Guest

When i try and play call of duty 4 online it takes far too long to get me into a match. Anyone having this problem. Sometimes i end up waiting 10-15 minutes and when i do get in the game lobby gets closed. What the hell is going on?

2. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

i think everyone has that problem, especially if your a lower rank.
    took me 20 minutes to get in a match yesterday!

3. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

Yeah. This is pretty much the only knock i have against this game. I waited for quite some time yesterday just to join a game and that trying team death match and free for all lobbys.

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Wow I hope they fix this because I was going to buy this game..

5. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Same here :/

6. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

ive never had to wait that long. the only thing i see wrong with COD4 is how any1 can join any clan and the guy with the highest rank can leave a game and it ends for everybody in the game.

7. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

I know man. Its such a pain in the butt when your doing well and the lobby closes. Also I believe that the quality of your internet connection plays a factor on how quick you can join a match. I can remember getting onto matches in not time the first time I started playing the game but lately my internet connection has been unusually slow and that when I noticed that I have been waiting a while to join a match wether it be TDM or DM Free for all.

8. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

I also wish that theres an option to turn voice off so you don't have to hear the other players through the TV. I mean it would not be so bad if everyone was civilized and not so ignorant online. The N-word is thrown around quite a bit and theres just no need for it.Personally its ruins the game for me.

9. hade

hade Regular member

the reason why were left hanging, taking forever to get in a game, i think is a result of the DOUBLE XP EVENT that is going on this weekend. i think there is too much traffic for the servers to handle

10. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

So far I think I've agreed with almost every post on this thread. I love Call of Duty 4, but it's just really annoying trying to find a game. I also wish you could disable the voice, and I didn't know that the highest rank had host. I just know that it's also annoying when you finally find a game and I get the message "Host Has Ended Game" then I get the message "Lobby Closed". I love the gameplay though. I thought Halo 3 would be amazing, but it disappointed me. I then bought a PS3 for a Blu-Ray player, and just got Call of Duty 4 so I would have a game to play. But I play it alot more than I ever played Halo 3, especially now since my 360 has 3 red lights. I think I like the PS3 version better than the 360 version, but now I wonder because all I play is online, and it makes me wonder because I would think "Live" would be better for online. I didn't have much time to play this weekend, but I did go up 5 ranks. It was difficult because when I did get time to play, I couldn't find a game, or it took forever. However if they do get the online running smoother, it will easily be one of my favorite games.

11. cartucho

cartucho Member

so far i haven;t really enconuter any problems with the online game play.. yes there is the odd clown talking crap online but to be honest very few use the microphone.. for the joining delay the first time i played i did take quite some time to join but im currenytly on level 30 and is a matter of second to join any game. the host ended the game is anoying too, it doesn;t happen to often but i find that everytime you are doing amazing somone decided to end the game!!!

12. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I figured that some people weren't having any problems, because for the first week I had the game everything ran smoothly. But after a while it got worse until I was lucky to find a game. I seem to be able to find some varrients such as ground wars easier than I can find team deathmatch.