1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Code decrypting?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by WierdName, May 26, 2007.

1. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

How do people like Dark_Alex decrypt the firmware files? How do they take the proprietary filetype and make it into a workable, editable, readable file? I had been trying to find a way to rip off the "invisible" files from a PS2 disk on which the files were wrote using an obviously proprietary filesystem (otherwise my computer would have read them). Does it just take experience with scripts? Thanks.

EDIT- I had been trying to get the files by ripping an ISO of the disk then doing a direct cut and paste of the files out of the ISO but I dont know how to tell where the "invisible" files start and end. Not to mention how to edit them after getting them.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  2. psphelpz

psphelpz Member

you know i dont think i know the answer to that, and yes they would have to be very very experienced to be able to do something like that, nobody could do it without having done stuff like that before.

3. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Hmmm... guess its just another thing that I want to do but just can't with my experience. Thanks for the response.