1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Code Free Dvd Players??Help please:)

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by bustedWpg, Sep 7, 2004.

1. bustedWpg

bustedWpg Member

Hey Guys, im a newbie here and my question is, hopfully i can get some nice answers to it aswell :)..

I live in Winnipeg, Canada and i want a Code Free Dvd Player to play my Uk DVDs as im from the UK and miss my old shows so id like to play them here, wheres a good place to buy Code Free DVDS..or is it easier to go out and buy a normal DVD player and somehow hack it..thanks :)

Chris

2. SparkeyNi

SparkeyNi Member

3. DVDHunter

DVDHunter Member

4. imrllybad

imrllybad Member

I'd recommend the Philips DVP642 DVD Player. It is sold at Walmart and Target for $69 and on eBay, I've seen bids as high as $125. In addition to playing DVD, VCD, and SVCD, the DVP642 will play mp3, jpg, mpg1, mpg2 & avi (uncompressed and mp4[DivX 3, 4, & 5]). For a limited time (I assume), it is macrovision free and capable of being region free by entering a hidden code. Remember when the Apex 600 came out, it had a loophole menu for macrovision free and region settings. I'd say, get this unit before these features are removed.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004