1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

codebreaker 9.2 elf, what do i do with it?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by stryker69, Jul 4, 2007.

1. stryker69

stryker69 Guest

hello,
    i have the codebreaker 9.2 elf and the iso of the codebreaker v9.2 but i have no clue at all what im supposed to do with either of them. if someone here can take some time to walk me thru the steps id be verry happy.. than you to any and all replys and help i get

2. stryker69

stryker69 Guest

i guess nobodys gonna help me with this.. thats ok i will do it my self

3. Dab117

Dab117 Member

You didn't give much information. What model of ps2 do you have (slim or fat?) Do you have a modchip or do you use exploit or swap magic or whatever else? The general tutorial for swap users is put the elf on your usb device in the root directory. You can create a folder named SWAPMAGIC and rename the codebreaker elf SWAPMAGIC.ELF and swap magic will boot it automatically when it loads up...Or you could put it all on your memory card (preferably official sony) and boot it from there since the slim ps2's don't mix codebreaker and USB thumb drives very well(use ULaunchElf to transfer the SWAPMAGIC folder to the root directory of your memory card. You can download the ISO or the elf for it, your choice) For the 9.2 cracked elf, you must have a disc in the drive. (if it doesn't boot or freezes try another disc. It MUST be an original game. Try a PSX game(works well with fat ps2's I guess), PS2 CD game, PS2 DVD game. Some have said the swap magic discs work as well, mine stop spinning almost instantly) If you have a modchip (there's a list of modchips that work with codebreaker 7-10 but stick with 9.2 cracked (widest compatibility), some crap out completely and some work flawlessly), you can get the codebreaker 9.2 cracked ISO and burn it to CD or DVD (like always, preferably good quality and for some reason, the DVD version works better for alot of people) and direct boot it. If you can't get it to work with Swapmagic... you're not the only one. I played with that crap for days and it wouldn't work. I tried every method under the sun and had no luck. (cryptbreaker staff tried to help... but I couldn't seem to get online at the same time as anyone for live support in there chat room) So it's possible some systems just don't work with it for whatever reason. (mines a SCPH-77001a) Also, for modchip, if you choose your codes and when you try to start the game you get an error message that it couldn't start.. well... your modchip might have switched off (several chips say they turn off to avoid overheating) You can try to have your backup in the disc tray before hitting start game... and wait for 10-15 seconds before hitting start game. Good luck.

4. super753

super753 Member

hi,
    just a question
    I have a slim ps2, swap magic 3.8 (i think it is basically same as 3.6 except for the code function...) and a flip top
    I asked few questions about how to use gameshark (v4) with swap magic, but no one was able to help me...
    I do use ARMAX, but have to admit, it kinda sucks for some games...

so back to the question...
    surfing around the internet, i read that it is impossible (is it?) to use burnt codebreaker cd/dvd (with swap magic), and only way to use it is to the "elf" file...

so say i got a codebreaker 9.2 (cracked) and the elf file, the only choice is to use the elf file?

5. super753

super753 Member

one more question regarding cracked codebreaker 9.2

what is the difference?
    is it cracked so that it will work with swap magic?
    or is it cracked to increase its compatibility list?
    what is it?

thanks