1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Codebreaker 9.2 ELF

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Krelian89, May 19, 2007.

1. Krelian89

Krelian89 Member

How can I get it to work? I have PAL Slim PS2, modchip installed. Every games works in it (burned games, imports etc.) But when I burned CB 9.2, it booted correctly. I would have wanted to hack Asch to Tales of the Abyss game with codes. I writed the codes down and when I wanted to change the game, it got stuck after that! I have the real copy of Tales of the Abyss and burned CB 9.2. Is there any other way to get CB open? I think it would work if I could boot it from my Memory Card, but I don't know how.. Anyone care to explain, step by step, how to boot the CB from Memory Card or even get the ELF file to MC? >_> Thanks in advance!

PS: I just registered here, so hi ya :D

2. Krelian89

Krelian89 Member

Actually, I got it to MC, but it's running VEEEEEEEEEEEERY SLOWLY! Any way to fast the booting to CB? >_>

3. Krelian89

Krelian89 Member

4. Krelian89

Krelian89 Member

Last bump...

5. Krelian89

Krelian89 Member

Bump (I really wanna try the codes...)

6. Krelian89

Krelian89 Member

I see that I'm not gonna get my answer here :( Well, I bump it anyway, for the last time if someone here would know..

7. Afficher

Afficher Member

Hi !

I have the same problem here, I use CodeBreaker 9.2 elf (take it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/33040744/CB.ELF.html ), this one is supposed to be cracked by a team called PS2TG..

But, impossible to launch my backup game from CodeBreaker, it always say "Game did not start, Please re-try", but the game works fine without CodeBreaker..

Then.. What ?

(I'v a Matrix Infinity modchip)

8. Afficher

Afficher Member

euh, I notice: I'v allready tried this :

But don't work for me :/

9. piggy2

piggy2 Member

When you change the game, the CB 9.2 eject the tray for you. However, the modchip may not realize that the tray is ejected and the security check is not bypass when you push the tray back.

Try to go to the option of CB and choose not to eject the tray. When the same menu show up for change disc, manually push the eject button and insert the game. Good luck.

10. Krelian89

Krelian89 Member

But isn't that for the Fat PS2? I'm using Slim PS2 with modchip. Is there anyway to fasten the loading from the MC? (I use R1 to boot it)

11. piggy2

piggy2 Member

You need to get cb92 work with disc first so that you can be sure that it's not the problem of software.

12. Krelian89

Krelian89 Member

It works with disc, but when I change my game to NTSC game or backup game, it won't load. It only loads PAL games (I have modded PAL Slim PS2) after using CB92 disc. I think the reason is that the backup disc CB9.2 uses the "One loading" on my modded PS2 and when it tries to load the NTSC game or backup game, it can't because I have already used my loading. So I really need to load it from my MC somehow..

13. piggy2

piggy2 Member

So, did you try what I said before?

The modchip is suppose to bypass check. However, if eject button is not push, it never know that CB92 as swap the disc. Hence, the modchip doesn't know it need to inject check bypass to the system.

Hence, your system will see the disc as backup instead of normal and you won't be able to run it.

Can your system run backup NTSC game if you just run it first?

14. Krelian89

Krelian89 Member

Yeah, it can. Sorry, I'm such a noob with cheat devices, can you please make a step-by-step to me? :) Thank you

15. piggy2

piggy2 Member

In that case, back to my original post.

In CB92, go to option and change not to eject disc.

After selecting cheat, choose launch, press eject button of ps2 and take out cb92 disc and put game disc in and press eject button again to close try.

Press the x button as the tv screen indicate and launch the game. The modchip will see that you swap disc and will inject bypass signal so that your system doesn't know it's backup disc.

16. Afficher

Afficher Member

>Thanks for your help, but it isn't working at all...

When I try what you said, CB first show the message "Game did not start, Please re-try", and when I re-try a second time, it freeze on the screen "Please Wait - Starting game"..

Maybe I'm not lucky :p

17. Krelian89

Krelian89 Member

That's the same problem I have! I wonder why :(

18. piggy2

piggy2 Member

How about this, if you load CB92 first, then put original ps2 game disc in next, does it load?

If the answer is yes, it means that your modchip does not detect eject button of swap disc, it only bypass check when bootup loading.

If the answer is no, it means that your cd92 has problem.

19. piggy2

piggy2 Member

Make sure you select cheat before loading the original game. Otherwise, it's not even a test.

20. Krelian89

Krelian89 Member

My original PAL games work, but my NTSC games won't >_> Any reason for this?