1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Codebreaker Codes with Backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by JoeN00b, Feb 20, 2005.

1. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

I have a Codebreaker V9, Swap Magic 2.0, and some backup games I would like to use cheat codes on. Since Codebreaker essentialy just hex-edits the locations in memory, is it possible to play backup games with codes from like devices?

2. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

I should add, that I do not need to use the CD Loader or HD Loader to get the games to work with Swap Magic. I tried to load up FF X-2 with the cheat codes enabled on the Code Breaker, put in the swap magic disc, then put in the FF X-2 disc when it said to insert the disc.

The game loaded, but the cheats didn't seem to take effect.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

If Codebreaker works like Gameshark or AR Max, which i assume it does. Then you will need DVD Loader to load Backups with codes.
    1.put in you cheat disc and choose the game and the option to load it with the codes.
    2. when it asks for a disk the press eject and put in Swap Magic
    3. when Swap Magic asks for a disc, use your fliptop or slide tool to swap out for DVD Loader
    4. when DVD Loader asks for a disc PRESS EJECT and put Swap Magic back in
    5.when it asks for a disc use slid tool of fliptop to put in the backup game.
    This is how it works for the cheat disc i have. Even if you do not need DVD Loader to load the game normally, you do if you want to use cheats.

4. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

Well, hrmmm... the cheats worked for Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires, but not FF X-2. I have to insert more of the codes before I can further test the other games.

I'm debating whether I should go buy a cheap pen drive to transfer the codes or not.