1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Codebreaker V8+ and Modbo Chip

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by ads123, Jan 18, 2007.

1. ads123

ads123 Member

Just a couple of questions:

I've read in a previous post (Problem with GameShark2 v3 & CodeBreaker 9.2 on slim PStwo) that the newer codebreaker apparently has modchip protection? I have a downloaded version of it (cracked)if i get the original will it still have the same problem of not booting the games once cheats are inputted? I've scoured the forums searching for a solution but to no avail...i have a slim ps2 with the modbo 2.1 chip. It sucks because there are so many more codebreaker codes compared to action replay. Or is there anyway to convert the newer codebreaker codes to action replay?

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

your problem is prbly down to your chip. I used to have a modbo 2.1 then upgraded to modbo 745 then to a real MI. I found that both the modbos's cant but games after cheat devices because they deactivate after first boot. But the MI works fine.

3. ads123

ads123 Member

Srry what do u mean by MI?

4. ads123

ads123 Member

Nevermind, by MI u mean matrix infinity? also if i wanted a maxtrix infinity to replace my modbo is that possible to switch modchips?