1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Codec Mayham?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by thjodmar, Dec 8, 2004.

1. thjodmar

thjodmar Member

OK, here is my problem.

My Codecs worked great before I had to reinstall my system.

After installation I had Xvid, and DIVX 5.* installed, and my vids would start and about stop 15 times or more through the movie and I would have to go a few seconds beyond where it stopped to continue the movie where it left off.

I uninstalled both codecs and installed one at a time. No difference.

I uninstalled all codecs and installed FFDshow codecs. No difference.

Installed Gspot, It said everything was fine in the the movie. All codecs installed, and no sign of error.

I tried PowerDVD, and DIVX Player, Then I tried ZoomPlayer. Still doing the samething.

I am at a lost about now.
    Any suggestions.

Thjodmar

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

What did you have installed before reinstalling? Sounds like maybe video drivers are screwed up. Make sure you have the latest stable drivers for your equipment.

3. thjodmar

thjodmar Member

I had Xvid, and DIVX 5.* installed before I had to reinstall everything. I was trying to get my system back to what it was before the crash. :)

I did check my video driver, but I might check to see if there is a update to the drivers. Initally, I check because Microsoft XP installed its drivers for the Video card, and I thought that might have something to do with it. You know about Microsoft.. :) but after I installed the companies video card driver, it was still doing the same thing.

Thjodmar

4. Kingd

Kingd Guest

thjodmar: Okay, the next question then is, what version of xvid did you install? The latest stable is the 1.02 version (The 1.1 is alpha and still being tested and not suitable for newbies). Also, in the divx decoder, make sure to uncheck support generic mpeg-4 support. What may be happening is the divx decoder is trying to decode xvid content and thats what may be causing the issue.