1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

codec pack

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Eazyduzit, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Eazyduzit

Eazyduzit Regular member

i need a big codec pack that has almost every video codec if any know

2. madgreek

madgreek Guest

That is a big request. There is alot of those here in the software part. I would check that out. It has most of them

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

4. Eazyduzit

Eazyduzit Regular member

i heared the kazza lite coec pack has spyware, or something like that u know anything about it?

5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Intervideo makes a Terrific plugin pack that works
    great with media player 10.

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I think the newer ones may but the ones offered by Edskes are clean. They (the original developers) started charging people a membership to download them (that always sounded strange to me). I would recommend installing the MPEG-2 encoder found in the codec pack and also the ffDShow MPEG-4 filter and AC3 filter from the AC3 filter project (both not in the K-lite codec pack).

In my personal opinion, Codec Packs should be avoided unless absolutely nesseccary. I would never suggest installing an entire codec pack. Having too many codecs/DS filters installed on your PC can damage your encoder/decoder support for differnt file formats. Its always better to install codecs seprately!

Do you already have Divx and/or Xvid installed on your PC?
    Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2005
  7. shiroh

shiroh Guest

codec packs are evil,
    an exceptional is ffdshow.
    of course its libav codec will decode most mpeg4 based, wmv is in development. h264 is working, realvideo ? dunno