1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Codec Problem !!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by teflonz, Mar 21, 2005.

1. teflonz

teflonz Guest

Im trying to merge 2 .avis with virtualdub to make a DVD. everytime i try to Open the video file i get this error message=

couldnt located decompressor for format "MP43" (MicroSoft High-Speed MPEG-4 V3)

Virual Dub requires a Video for Windows (VFW)compatible codec to decompress video. Direct Show Codecs such as those used by windows media player, are not suitable.

Im not sure thisis the proper place to post this but im going crazy trying to get his thing to work. I dont understand ive done alot of MPEG4 editing with no problems. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything blindly with no success so now i turn to the pros here maybe someone has had similar problems or knows solution i would be reall happy.

well im gonna go search some more threads maybe someone has already posted similar problem

thanks again ...

2. teflonz

teflonz Guest

I found the solution in the forums sorry mod please delete !!!

props to FIXIT for the post

the video may have been encoded with an angelpotion codec (ewwww) i had the same error message in virtual dub rather than instal the codec i used this program to convert the file to propper divx
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divx2mp4.html

PLEASE DELETE THRED MOD !!
    give it a try but make a backup of the original file first, it may work.