1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

codecs burned with AVI files to cd-r's?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by wikky1, Apr 28, 2004.

1. wikky1

wikky1 Member

I have some AVI files that need codecs and before I burn them to cd-r's, I was wondering if it is possible to somehow add/burn codecs to the cd-r's, so that they can play on any computer, even if the computer they are played on doesn't already have the required codecs. If anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well Of cource you can But it isn"t legal to Package other Poeples codecs with your CD-R"s unless it is a Open Source Codec Like XviD...
    You would just Burn the Particular Codecs Installer Program with the Video and then the Person who has the CD would first install the codec and then Play the File....

3. triso

triso Guest

You could use TMPGenc to convert to a VCD or SVCD format and then burn to that format. Then these CDs can be used on any computer and any DVD player that can play VCDs. Look for the "Compact Disc/Digital Video" logo on the DVD Player and you are set to go.

4. wikky1

wikky1 Member

i know that i could use TMPenc to make VCD's but it didn't work when i put it in my DVD player. I used Nero and it said it was done successfully and it doesn't play. ?

5. triso

triso Guest

Not all DVD players can play VCDs. Look for the logo described in my previous message. Can you play it in your computer? Can you play other VCDs in your DVD machine?