1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COLLECTION OF MOST KNOWN Wii ERRORS WITH SUGGESTED FIX

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by pryme_H, Nov 9, 2009.

1. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

COLLECTION OF KNOWN Wii ERRORS WITH SUGGESTED FIX (Edited: 10Nov2009)

[​IMG]

I have amassed, what I think, are the most notable errors members experience when it comes to playing backups, installing WADs and soft-modding their systems. I hope this will gather together all questions regarding Wii error codes. I'll update the thread to include omitted errors and newly discovered ones.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The following errors occur when playing a DVD.

DVD Read Errors: 324, 349, 972, 384, & 579
    SUGGESTED FIX: Use DVD-R media or DVD+R booktyped to DVD-ROM; Try another brand of media or adjust burn rate.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The following errors may occur when launching backup games.

Error #001
    SUGGESTED FIX: Update your backup/ISO loader and cIOS. Burn the game onto a DVD+R and book-type it to DVD-ROM.

Error #002
    SUGGESTED FIX: Obtain a backup launcher with the option to enable 002 fix.

Error #003:
    Suggested Fix: None so far. You are more than likely to experience this error if you have Korean system that was region changed to U/E/J after you performed a 4.2 update. Also, ascertain that you have Preloader, Bootmii installed plus a NAND backup prior.

The following errors may occur in WAD Manager.

Ret=-4100
    SUGGESTED FIX: You have a bad WAD; get another one.

Ret=-1
    SUGGESTED FIX: Reformat your card. Normal capacity needs to be reformatted to FAT; SDHC (4GB-32GB) need to be reformatted to FAT32. Also, ensure you have a WAD folder in the SD card root; accordingly, the WAD file(s) you are trying to install are in this folder.

Ret=-1035
    SUGGESTED FIX: This means you don’t have the Trucha Bug present. Use Trucha Bug Restorer to regain it.

[​IMG]

Download the requisite files HERE.

Then, extract all files to the root of your SD card. All wad files are to remain in the root. They should mirror the image below. Please note that this is assuming that you don't have a pre-existing apps folder in your SD card. If you do, open the apps folder in the RAR archive you just downloaded and drag and drop the Trucha Bug Restorer folder in the apps folder in your SD card. Essentially, this is the only app you need to restore the Trucha bug.

[​IMG]

Next, it's time to use TBR.
    [​IMG]

Take your SD card and put it in your Wii. Fire up the Homebrew Channel, and then load the Trucha Bug Restorer. Press B on the Wiimote. This wiil set no IOS Reload.

1. When it loads, opt to load IOS36. Read the Disclaimer; press 1 to accept. When the next menu loads, go down and select Downgrade IOS15, and then choose to load IOS from SD card. Keep pressing A each time you are prompted to resume installation. Once it's done, press any button to exit; it will return to HBC.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Run TBR again. This time make sure you change the IOS to IOS15 and press A. Again, wait for the Disclaimer and then press1. Choose IOS36 menu. Change the last option to YES. All 3 options should say YES. Leave the first option to 36 and choose install patched IOS36.

* Install IOS to slot: 36
    * Patch Hash Check (trucha): YES
    * Patch ES_Identify: YES
    * Patch NAND permissions: YES

Using your control pad on your Wiimote, go up and to Install patched IOS36; then press A. Press A again to load IOS from SD card. Again, once installation finishes, it will exit to the HBC.

3. Run TBR one last time. This time ensure it says IOS36, and then press A; then 1 when the screen changes. Choose restore IOS15. Press A to load IOS from SD card. Press any button to exit when it's done installing. You are done!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ret=-1029
    SUGGESTED FIX: Uninstall cIOS37.

Ret=-1017
    SUGGESTED FIX: Reinstall/uninstall WAD or delete using AnyTitleDeleter.

Ret=-2011
    SUGGESTED FIX: You either don't have the trucha bug and need to recover it; or trying to install a WAD outside your region, if this is the case you need to use freethewads or enable region free in Preloader System Menu Hacks.

OTHER ERRORS:

Ret=-116
    SUGGESTED FIX: This is generally caused by no Wi-FI connection. Ensure you are connected.

Ret=-1010

SUGGESTED FIX: This happens when using Waninkoko’s Firmware Updater. This simply means you need more free blocks—at least 250.

This is not a valid Wii application
    SUGGESTED FIX: Make sure dol files are renamed as boot.dol.

Just black screen when booting backup games
    SUGGESTED FIX: This can be caused by numerous things e.g. media quality issues, burn speed, cIOS missing etc. Basically, more info is needed as far as system specs.

You are receiving the below message when running Hackmii installer...

[​IMG]

SUGGESTED FIX: DO ME FIRST
    1. Download and extract DOP-IOS MOD to the apps directory on your SD card.

2. Run DOP-IOS MOD via Homebrew Channel.

3. Opt to use IOS36 with the application. Now, go to IOS61 and press A. Say YES to install; NO to all other options.
    After installation, do the same for IOS34.

You should now be able to run the Hackmii Installer.

ALTERNATIVE FIX

If you can run WAD Manager, install IOS36-64-v1042.wad via WAD Manager.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Homebrew Channel is inverted.

[​IMG]
    SUGGESTED FIX :Try re-installing HBC with the Hackmii installer.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you encounter other errors not covered in this thread, feel free to mention and discuss them here.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Great post! I recommend a sticky.

3. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Thank you. I'm glad you find this post something of substance. I hope others will find it useful as well!

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

stickied

5. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Thank you ddp!

6. imrinkrat

imrinkrat Member

Just from my personal experience you may want to highlight "Burn Speed". I spend hours and hours pouring through the forum here and all the links provided to other forums. Going through the guides, and re-doing the guides. And all that was originally wrong was my burn speed (nothing works for me at 2x on Verbatim via ImgBurn, everything works at 8x). I spent a lot of time digging in too deep, but I guess I did learn a lot so it wasnt lost time...

7. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Actually, they are all equally important in my opinion. Also, your problem may be attributed to your burner not yielding a good result writing at such an extremely slow rate. Burning too slow is just as bad as burning too fast.

8. vieira85

vieira85 Guest

Need a hand please guys! Modding another wii but getting the error ret -2011, when trying to install cIOS38 rev 14. I'm trying to use the NUS downloader but cant find the wads it is downloading, where will they be?? Any other suggestions would be taken happily!!!

9. wiiplayer

wiiplayer Member

10. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

If you extract the ZIP/RAR file where NUSD is, downloaded WADs are going to be in that very same folder.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  11. dodoegg1

dodoegg1 Regular member

This thread may be of help to me as I am getting an error message launching a backup but how do I know what number it is? You have listed 0001 0002 0003. My error doesnt have a number on the screen and I cant find out on the internet what each of your numbered errors actually say on the wii when it occurs. My error is "eject disc and refer to user manual" trying to boot a DL. Is this any of the above numbers?

12. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Firstly, make sure the disc is loaded and faced the right way. Secondly, if that didn't work unplug it from both the wall and the Wii system, and let it sit for at least five minutes. Do that, afterwards turn it back on. Errors covered in this guide will appear exactly how they were written.

13. lostwii

lostwii Member

I have wii-clip installed on NTSC wii running 3.3u. Trying to do as little as possible with soft mods. I have tried the basic things that I have found on afterdawn (Burn at 4x, make sure its NTSC, try and download another iso) I thought that the mod chip would let me play games without having to change anything else. I am able to play lots of backed up games but everything that has come out in the past couple of months locks WII up with black screen. Examples: Ghostbusters, COD2, My Sims

14. dodoegg1

dodoegg1 Regular member

I had the same problem. I updated the firmware and all games work for me apart from Dual Layer (think only Smash Bros is Dual Layer so all the games you listed should work). There are a few ways to update your firmware so check the various threads on Afterdawn. To do mine I connected to wii internet and it asked me if I wanted to update to 4.2. I said yes and it works fine, new games etc. However some members on here say go to 4.1, do not get 4.2. I havent experienced any problems on 4.2 but you are best researching the pros/ cons of both 4.1 and 4.2.

15. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

lostwii,
    I can run all those games you listed. An update to 4.1 would suffice. As I have stated several times, there is no game as of yet that requires the installation of System Menu 4.2.

16. lostwii

lostwii Member

Thanks for the help. I have already installed most of the things suggested in Larrylje thread. Will having these softmods cause any problems when I try to upgrade to 4.1.

17. dodoegg1

dodoegg1 Regular member

Is unplugging it and plugging it back in meant to make the game work? Or was this just really simple (almost sarcastic) advice? Because I am fully aware that if an electrical product has locked up the solution is to unplug it. I ask this as SSBB still gives me the same error message.

18. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

There was no sarcasm involved. This actually happened to somebody I know and it worked for them. More than likely though your problem may have something to do with the type of media you are using, the rate of burn or the integrity of the ISO. Also if you are using IOS249 Rev14 and below, DL games don't work well. This is supposedly the most promising new functionality of Rev15; however, I'm not sure if it works. Alternatively, you can try using Hermes' IOS222/223 to play the game.

19. dodoegg1

dodoegg1 Regular member

Ok thanks for the info. Its probably the latter point; I have never updated my IOS so I have whatever was around when it was chipped (December 07). I have researched Hermes IOS but its like a ball of rubber bands I cant figure out where to start. I have been told that I need uLoadervideo, but to get this I need HBC installed and a WBFS partition. Im guessing that in turn these features need something to be installed for them to work! I also see on youtube that users have loads of channels (such as homebrew channel, wii dumper etc) Is this what IOS appears as? Or does it go into the homebrew channel?

20. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

HBC is the "gateway" to softmod. It is a requisite if you want to install custom IOSs e.g. IOS249, IOS 222/223 and play games via backup launchers or USB loaders. In other words, every game requires a certain IOS. If the this IOS is not found in your system, you will receive errors or simply just won't be able to boot the game. IOSs reside in the Wii's internal memory (NAND).