1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

college student needing advice

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by hiburning, Jul 16, 2007.

1. hiburning

hiburning Member

I will not be working throughout the year. Anyway, this is to point out my lack of funds. I am a decision of what to do. I am interested in purchasing a wii and modding it seems a great way to play my back-up games. However, reading all the problems installing it can be etc i am at a loss at whether I should attempt to install a chip myself, find a local professional, or not mod my wii at all. I have little experience soldering and would like to get the best experience for my money. Also if many think modding a wii will have much effect on online play, I would plan on using my original for games such as brawl, however will the modchip itself, even when used with an original disk cause problems with online play? Any help to any of these questions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Syrian

Syrian Member

Well personally i am really satisfied with the modchip i've installed (wii-key) and knowing myself i would probably screw smthin up tryin to install it myself, even thoe u think u can do it i personally think u should let a professional do it because the slightest thing might screw it up. I live in montreal Canada and got someone to do install it and give me a 3 month warranty for 80$ no tax (including the chip itself) and it is working in perfect condition. My games work amazingly also, both real games and backups. And for ur online question, i played pokemon online on a backed-up disk and worked perfectly so i doubt itll effect anything (btw pokemon is horrible game lol)

-JP-

3. hiburning

hiburning Member

ya, thanks alot! I have been thinking of going to a professional and getting a ship installed that will work with all the back ups, region is a non-issue for me, and has the ability to be turned on/off. This way when i decide to play online, which i will with only a few select games i will use the original disk and turn it off.

Anyone have suggestions for the cheapest chip that meets this criteria?