1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

color changes during capture

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by gboi, Sep 10, 2004.

1. gboi

gboi Member

i notice that whenever i try to capture fom any source, there are color shifts, usuaaly above the frames.it changes from the usual skin tone to yellow and somtimes magenta. i even changed to a high quality cable (quantum video cable) but still it still persist. im using leadtek dv200xp and its pvr.
    how can i solve this?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What are you captureing , TV or VHS??

3. gboi

gboi Member

im capturin analog source, vhs, v8, beta. on tv its ok. as if it is copyprotected just like macrovision. it changes in color. but they are home videos?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

That is why I asked because Macrovision Causes the Video to go dark and bright on Protected VHS tapes but if these are Hove Movies then it couldn"t be Macrovision but I don"t know what it could be....
    Maybe try different Capture software and/or a different VCR and see if you have any Luck.....Sorry I can"t help Much...Cheers

5. gboi

gboi Member

thanks for the help..i really can't fgure out why.. before i suspected my wireles keyboard and mouse might be sending rf signals, and i even changed my video cable to quantum ...ohh well...