1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Color etched CD labels

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by roger3125, Aug 6, 2007.

1. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

sorry i wouldn't know where else to place this inquiry.

I have been making my CD lables with Lightscribe and as everyone knows they can only be in black/white tones. I was told we can create color etched labels using a scanner.

Can anyone discibe this process. I'd love to be able to make family color CD labels with or without lightscribe. Paper labels are not acceptable.

Thank you

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

With a special printer and special media you can print full size color labels right onto your disc. Lightscribe is still black and white, but with color cd's.

3. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Thanks PIP. I know of only the Epson brand printers that allow you to do this. I was, however, looking to see if there was an online service I could email my self designed cover to and they would burn a blank CD cover in color.

To buy an Epson for this purpose alone, which it would be, would be a waste of $300 plus I understand the ink is very costly.

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I'd take a look in the forums I know there was talk of these photo printers. I also know that Epson makes a high quality model that retails for around US $140. They are great devices and unlike LightScribe the printing wont fade in the sun.

5. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Thanks i'll check Epson's site. After doing some digging on my own I found out you CAN have it done professionally. Its call silk screening to CDs but its difficult to find anyone to do in small quantities.

Thanks again PIP