1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Color laser Printers ? What's up with That ???

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by BIGTOXY69, Nov 2, 2011.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Dell 1320C Dead !!!!!?

I am Deeply Saddened , Aggravated , Miffed & or p'oed ? take your Pick ? I have or had A Dell 1320C Color laser Printer For A couple of Years now ! I bought This one because Inkjets Run out quickly when your printing covers For Dvd's And even using Generic Brand Cartridges ! Ink cost Can mount Up ? I got The Dell Through My work with a Discount !! EPP ( believe Dell calls it The Employee Purchase Program . I patd about $115.00 Or so Shipped if I remember right { old brain !!!!} And In general I really Liked The Printer ! It exceeded my Expectations On Images The Quality Was excellent Considering That A. It's not really a Photo Printer !. B. It does'nt use Photo Quality Paper = glossy ? matte ? But that's a plus In my Book { Bright White paper is Less Expensive Than Photo quality paper Even if You Buy The Expensive Bright White paper ! The Only Negative When I first Got The laser Was A compltete Set of Toner was about $60.00-$70.00 for all 4 Black , Cyan, Magenta , & yellow/Kr Which though a little Steep ? Balanced out Cause Replacement Genuine Epson Ink Cartridges For my Epson Nx-30 were $50.00 & tax And The laser Lasted alot longer !!! But they Came Down atleast The Generic Ones did And I think I paid About $32.00 for The last Set of 1320C toners Maybe $25.00 I'm Not sure But All Good Things Come to their end And I suppose that it is the same with color lasers too ? And Apparently My 1320C has Gone To it's Great Electro-Chemo-mechanical Reward ? { The BiG offioe In The Sky !!!!} as it were ! I did talk to a Dell Sales rep/ Associate online -well Chatted live anyway And They no longer make The 1320C Damn and I also asked Her If the Cartridges For The 1320C fit anything else in their color laser Printer Line ? She Checked or said that she did anyways ? And the answer is/was no Double Damn! And Though I explained The tech problem with the Printer she could'nt help She just sells them !!! Her Main suggestion buy another Printer Preferably Dell !!!! I told her thanks for the help and That I would have to research The subject some more to decide Which models, and or brands That I would like And That I would keep Dell in Mind as I like the one That Broke until it broke ? So Far I have Come to a conclusion That Color Lasers Are Becoming The new Inkjets ! In that Atleast In the Home/ Soho Models They arealmost Giving away The Color Laser Printer But Then They sock it too you On Toners , Fusers, Drums & accessories ? On some Printers It's even Cheaper to Buy a whole new Printer Than to Just Buy a set of Toners for that Printer? With that Route Whole new Printer you Get Replacement toners For your Original Printer and,a Spare Fuser And Complete Set of Parts That youcan either Swap out as they wear or just Swap out the whole Printer? I looked at Refilling My dell Cartridges But The price for Generic Cartridges was less and I did'nthve all the mess and dust to deal with ! So Far I am Leaning Towards The konica Minolta 1600W ? I can get one for about $100.00 which is cheaper than the Price of just the cartridges for that model!! I have looked a little at the Brother Brand Color lasers and IT's About the same on the toner issues The Printer Not too expensive , Toner Very Expensive ? Do you Think The buy atleast Two Printers at a time and just use the second as a Backup For The Toner & spare parts !!!! has Merit or not ? And Has anybody used This Model Konica Minolta-1600W or Other Konica Minolta Models and do /did you like them or not and why? Also Given the above information Do you have any other Brands Models too recommend ? Thanks Peace & Good Day ALL !!!!

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hello ? Iknow your Out There ! I can Hear Me Breathing Mu-Ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

To Quote Vincent Price From The Original { The FLY } movie " help Me!!!, Help Me !!!"

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

never used their brand of color laser printers. my color hp laser cost me $100 but will cost me almost $400 for replacement cartridges.

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I've been using Canon Inkjet pixma 1600D it uses carts that are $1.50-generic had it since 2004 no problems. Replaced printhead once-easy and cheap. Will print ant paper type.

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i got given a hp desktop 2050 for xmas last year.works fine for printing,the only downside is paperjams and the ink cartridges are $20-$40 each.heard bad things about canon printers but saying that my mum got 1 a few years ago and it still works fine.

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Thanks their garfish LOL!!!! Seriously Gramoon Thanks and to everyone else too !!! Temporary Fix Found some Generics Cartridges For my Epson nx-300 two sets of Color 6 cartridges and some extra Blacks From amazon ? But Good lord It's like Going From High speed Cable internet back to Dial Up ? I got spoiled by The laser 's Speed I suppose ? I still want to go back to the laser For all the reasons I posted earlier ! And I may have found a Couple of possible choices Both Printers are about the same price wise But The Brother unit Clp-300 I can get a set of Generic toner for about $35.00 ish Then there is a konica/Min0lta 1600W about the same price for the Printer $100.00 -ish But a set of Toner Cost more than the printer ? Shades Of the old safety /shaving razor Deal We're gonna sell you the razor for $2.00 Oh you want blades tof the razor $5.00 Anyways I'll Limp along for now with the two sets of Inkjet ink and See what Deals may come on Black friday ? Though realistically I don't think Color laser printer are areal Doorbuster type Item/ Black friday material ?

8. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

they work on photocopier technology.. which leads to an interesting possibility if it uses seperate toner bins for unused powder (probably doesn't but just a thought) .. We used to empty the "used" toner bin back into empty toner cartridges.. and it worked.. might not work for colour but you might be able to save some cash by just doing this with the black ??

As a serial tinkerer I would open the box and delve about inside to find the toner paths and see what happens.

9. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

ps355528

I have done some off that already & and The Area that the error says has a paper jam is not jammed AfaiK ? I may remove the entire printhead unit and See if that is where The jam is if indeed it exist at all ? have contacted Dell I person was strictly a sales associate and opined that It would Behove me to buy a new printer Preferably from Dell !!!! Yeah I knew y'all would be suprised on that one The second Dell employee was a Service tech rep.? who told me most likely it was/is my Fuser unit ? Which is $160.00 To replace he explained and I can buy a whole new Color laser dell For about $200.00 ish ! What I grew to love about the 1320C i had was speed / Print quality and The generic Toner cartridges were like $25.00-32.00 or there abouts fer set While the genuine Epson cartridges for my NX-300 are $50.00 per set and don't last as long ? & yes friends I know I can get generics for the Epson doing that now but ultimately I paln on another laser ! Inkjets are so freakin a** slow !!!! Samsung has a Printer whose cartridges run about what I pay for my dell cartridges But not familiar with samsung printers ? also looking at konica Minoltla magicolor 1600W Printer Cheap Toner not so much But I could always buy 2 and steal toner from the spare once the 1st ones toner runs out ?and have spare parts or a hwole spare printer should the first one die or take a huge dump on me ? Something To think about anyways ? Like the Calico Jack Flag btw { Skull and Crossed sabers } vs. Skull and cross bones ? Thanks and who stole me parrot ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. pcrepair

pcrepair Regular member

the clp300 generis cartridges are rubbish compared to the genuine ones we have two clp's running and are still looking for good replacement refills

the samsung's and the cheaper hp's both empty the toner into the same pot bit hard to seperate the color back out

most all printers come with half filled cartridges when new apparently they are just so you can see the darn thing working

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I agree My friend - I suppose I'll just have to choose one of several options ? 1. Fix the Dell 1320C - Cheap toner Good quality Prints !, problem If it's not the Fuser I'm stuck with a new Fuser and an old printer that Still won't work and worse i'll be $160.00 or more in the Hole ? 2. Struggle through with my epson NX-300 MFP/AIO great printer But Being an Inkjet it A. goes through ink quickly { I print Dvd covers } B. waste ink =head cleaning , Nozzle cleaning , ect.... 3. ink can dry and clog up your printer / printhead if you don't use it regularly! 4. Right now I can get generic cartridges for it Cheaply But for how long and even using generics it can get pricey ? and yes I've Been the Fill 'em yourself Route before {Too Messy} and CIS[continos Inkjet system } Could never get it too work right for me & too messy ! 5 . Man up and buy a new laser or two so I have spare parts and spare toner even if they are just starter cartridges ? 5. Maybe I'll just put my Dvd cove Jpegs on a SD card and take the to a Photo kiosk/ machine @ walgreens or sams ect? though tht would probably be as pricey if not more than going laser in the 1st place ? Well In thewords of The late Roseanne Rosennadana " it just Goes to show you it's always something !: Thanks and Happy Holidays Buddy !!!!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

[/b]LATEST NEWS ON 1320c DELL COLOR LASER PRINTER[/b]

I Emailed Dell Support and Not really expecting Much as the init is/was out of warranty ! and the Reply Belated as it was This - The 1320C fuser is $160.00 from Dell I told y'all that much already ! I emailed them back with the question If I buy the Fuser from Dell and that does'nt fix the Problem ? is It returnable for Refund or Credit ? I was told Yes as long as returned within 21 Days ? I'm sorta leaning that way Due to Not being able to find Other Inexpensive Color laser Printers That I can Get Relatively Cheap Toner For ? The Printers yes I can Buy Two Color lasers For The price Of the Fuser alone ! But once I run out of Toner on those I'm Eff'ed if you get my drift Cause the Toners cost more than the complete Printer ! Ain't that a Biyotch !!!! Anyway I'm still thinking about it but heing I can return the fuser to dell if that don't cure the 1320 C's ills ? and get a refund ! I could always buy a New printer if that's how it works out ? And the Circle Of Confusion Continues ! On the brighter side I picked up a Couple of RCA Streaming Boxes and a Wireless Router so once I hook all that up It's netflix time in the O.K. Corral !!!! Well In Passing Let me wish Everyone a Happy Holiday Season -whichever Traditions or Holidays you Choose to observe or Not to Observe this year ? and As always May I extend my Thanks and Gratitude to everyone { that feel's Better I was getting a Cramp in my Gratitude } For their help support and information in this lil' quandry O' mine ! - I give it a 56 it's got a good beat but it's hard to dance too !

13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

LATEST NEWS?

Okay I'm Officially Scrod ! { screwed ?} whichever is correct & less offensive ? I finally Got Through To dell to see about Ordering The fuser For My Dell 1320C ! Color laser Printer And the Person I chatted with says that according to the website they don't have a new fuser unit for it ? but they do have a refurbed unit For $250.00 So I politely told the dell rep that I can't see paying that much for a reworked unit when I only paid $120.00 For the Whole printer ! So I said my Thank yous and wished Him Merry Xmas ! So i'm back to research and trying to find the Right Color laser ? When I first Bought the dell the Generic Toners were a little expensive But the price dropped Over Time To Cheaper than I could get Genuine Epson carts For My NX-300 !!! Now I can Get several Color lasers for A similar Price To what I originally Paid For My dell 1320C but Even Generic Toners end up Costing More than a Complete Printer ? I'm almost Tempted To Just Buy Two Inexpensive Color lasers and that would get me through My first two sets of toners cheaply + Spare parts or Spare Printer ? I just don't Know if I like the idea of Buying a New printer or two every Couple of months - It's Kinda like buying a new Dairy Cow every Time you needed a Gallon of Milk? not too efficient ? I looked at The Samsung clp300 's cause You can get Cheap Toners for it But According to Pc Repair they're crap Compared To OEM toner ? My Other Choice is Leaning towards A Konica Minolta 1600W I can Get one for $100.00-ish and they seem to have god revues but Toners even generics are kinda pricey ? Other Than Just Dragging By with my Epson Nx-300 & sdme generic Ink cartridges ? any Other Recomendations & suggestion ? I mean about Printers and not things that are Anatomically impossible LOL!!!! Thanks God Bless & Merry Christmas one and all !!!! Peace !!!!

14. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

tHE PLOT THICKENS!!!

Latest Update The Fuser That was $ 160.00 That suddenly Jumped to $250.00 for a used/ refurbed unit ? is now A $185.00 refurbed unit !!! with the shipping and the tax ? So It's do I order a Secondhand/ refurbed Fuser and Hope I solve The Problem with The paper jam Codes when there is no Jam or Codes showing Fuser Missing or Not completely Installed when it is installed ? I'm Kind of Loathing Spending $185.00 For a refurbed unit with a 90day warranty when I can buy a konica minolta unit Magic color 1600W for $100.00 -ish new with a warranty hell ? I could buy two almost for the price of the fuser alone ? Which is what I may just Do ? That will Give me a spare toner set + a complete Spare Printer too Boot ? well Hopefully I'll make My Mind up soon Or it's gonna be a Blue { well Cyan actually } Christmas !!!! Good day , God Bless & Merry Christmas !!!!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know your out There ? I can hear me Breathing {Mu-ha-ha-Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Next????????? Please?????

Okay The new Conundrum is I can Get The Konica For $102.95 Shipped and Compatible/generic Toners for $95.99 shipped Which comparatively isn't bad but Still is about 3 to 4 times what I was paying for my dell's Toners {Generics} I might Do this Buy two konica minolta magicolor 1600w color laser printers ! That way I get my 1st Change of Toner and a Free Complete Printer Too! Then Buy The Generics aster For $95.99 And when The First Printer takes a 10 ton Dump on me I switch to the second one or swap out the Offending parts ? Decisions ??????

17. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Damn he's annoying Ain' he?

Okay More Research The Included standard / Starter Toner cartridges include with the konica minolta magicolor 1600w color laser printer are Good for about 500pages @ 5% coverage and the Hi yield Or Full cartridges are Good for 1500 Color or Up to 2500 on Black @ 5% coverage So It may behoove Me to Get 1 Printer and 1 set of Full Toner cartridges to Start FYI!!!

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Pick 2 from column A, 1 from Column B. 3 from generic column C and 1 from column D. My goodness what are you printing that needs a Michelangelo touch that a simple injet can't deliver????6 carts @ $1.49 apiece!! Done deal free shipping. Have several egg nogins and redo the math s-l-o-w-l-y.Merry Christmas, Squach.

19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

kONICA MINOLTA MAGICOLOR 1600W

fIRST oFF ! Happy New years Everyone and Again thanks For All the help !, Support and Mostly For Putting Up with My Big Dumb A** !!!! . For another year In general & Total ! Especially To all mY Old friends !,New friends & future friends ! { Hello Friend !!!} And a Hearty Yo Gabba Gabba !!! to the Kiddo's & Gabba Gabba Hey !!! To everyone else ! Yes I am still the king of All Exclamation points LOL!!! see I ain't Changeded ? Okay I decided After a Lot of Back & forth with dell To Just Junk The Old unit and Buy the Knonica Minolta 1600W For It and a set of cartridges -Compatibles/generics ? My damage Was About $195.00-$200.00 A lil' mo' than I wanted to spend { Me So CheapSkate !!!!} But I pulled the pin and Bought It !Impressions well now that I deciphered The HieroGlyphics that passes for The manual ? It appears That it Prints As good & or maybe better than the dell which which what I was looking for ? My firsts several prints both text & Images Looked like Crap Literally ! To be fair I did the Man Thing - Unboxed it , Removed The packaing tape & garbage ! Loaded the drivers and Plugged Her in ! I did breifly look at the Pdf version of the manual and Paper Versions in Upteen Different languages The most Difficult Being In Line Drawing The Most ancient & inscrutable of all languages? I got P'o'ed at it and turned it off Till this morning and after Cypering through the line drawing Map of Mystery & Misrey { Owners manual } I Saw a Possible Faux pas! on my part ? There are two small Metal Keys /retainers that You must remove Before the until will print all proper like ? Once 'd I done that It was all aces !!! If I could'nt have figured it out & got it printing properly it was going back asap ! Other Stuff Hooked up my wireless Router So I can use the laptop and desktop again at the same time ! had a little trouble and Cisco/Linsys was no real help other than registering my Unit and Offering me Next tier Technical service at a PriCe of course ? I bowed Out and figured it out myself {Wiring error } Other Than that Over the last year+ 5 local Blockbusters have Closed Near me So My Dumpster diver days are somewhat at a Hiatus ? {I refused to say I'm retired completely yet?} I switched to The netflix a while ago - Compared to BB - More selection Especially Older & cheesier movies ! Sometimes They are slower then Redbox or BB on the new movies ? And some of the Movies are Ocassinally Worn/scartched to holy hell & back or Cracked/Broken {1 so far Cracked around the spindle hole in my case } But they are Very good about getting a Better or atleast playable copy Of the deffective movie you requested in your que/order! I did buy two sreaming boxes for The tV's but hacve'nt hooked them up yet Next progect $sure !!!! Otherwise It's Been, eat sleep work ,Compute ect... That's it
    Again Thanks To one & all - My friends Old, New , and future ! for your help Support and Friendship and The Ocassional laugh along the way ! Happy New years , Mardi gras and all that jazz !!!!! Ciao y'all !!!