1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

color memorex dvd-r 8x

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by lastrada, Dec 29, 2004.

1. lastrada

lastrada Guest

i bought color memorex dvd-r 8x and burn gta : vicecity with recordnow 7. everything works i cut the top of my ps2 and made my own flip flop top, also i burn the cd loader to a disc. Use gameshark to boot up the cd loader, the game sometime plays fine, except it take awhile to load,or this one time the game loaded everything ecept my sound. i was reading what software you guys use so i download nero dvd, and burn the game at 1x but it automatically change when the burning process start, to 4x. so anyways it burned and i try playing the game but it only load up 1/2 way and stop. i use the same cd but different software and going to try the ritek dvd-rand see how it comes out.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

use 4x media, NOT 8x.

3. lastrada

lastrada Guest

why cant i use 8x, dont all the data burn onto the cd both ways

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

A lot of people on AD think slower is better due to their own burners and media combos. I myself have been burning 8x and 16x speed without any problems. If 8x works for you great, but if you notice a problem then you can experiment with speeds.

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

even though you burn at slow speeds, ps2's don't read 8x media very well.

6. Mike98765

Mike98765 Member

okay, i know this from experience that memorex and ps2 backups dont get along very well, try some other media like ritek go4

7. philipman

philipman Regular member

memorex 8x discs work perfect for me I have made like 30 backups with and they work fine. I burn with 120%.

8. lastrada

lastrada Guest

i have been looking for the ritek but i cant find it anywhere, only on the internet

9. Mike98765

Mike98765 Member

i think it only retails on the internet. But most dvd-rs are cheaper on the internet.