1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Color Problems with Instant Copy

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by muskistoo, Apr 16, 2003.

1. muskistoo

muskistoo Member

Help,
    I'm new to this board and I usually find the answers I'm looking for but this one I searched and I can't find an answer. I'm using DVD Decripter, selecting files and all files, then rip them onto my HD. I'm using Instant Copy 7.0 and going to copy it to my DVD-R or HD and when I go to preview the movie instead of seeing Harry Potter in true real colors I see him and everyone else in a Smurf blueish colors. The backgrounds are also very funky and not true colors. When I play the ripped files on the Power DVD for XP everything is ok. I've downloaded the latest patch from Instant Copy, I've uninstalled and then reloaded the Instant Copy software and updated my video drivers and I'm still not able to get the correct colors. I've emailed Pinnacle and they aren't sure what the problem is. So I must be missing something here or are the funky colors in the preview mode ok?

Thanks in Advance,
    muskistoo _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Ummmm Doughnuts..... - Homer Simpson[/small]

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

3. muskistoo

muskistoo Member

Update,
    Sorry about the dual post, guess I shouldn't work on the old computer when a storm is outside.

I tried to take the movie from the HD to the DVD-R and it didn't work. So just for fun tried going from HD-HD, and see if the funky colors are not going to be in the final product. Very happy to say that it worked, but for whatever reason I can't just go from HD to Disk "on the fly" idea. Thats ok with me. The colors aren't an issue on the copy and the blueish problem is gone. The picture quality is pretty good with only 2 barley noticeable problems during the movie.

Live and learn and try some more,
    muskistoo

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Glad to hear you found a solution

Live long and prosper...