1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado man cited for 'killing' uncooperative computer with handgun

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ddp, Apr 21, 2015.

1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

DENVER - Police in Colorado have cited a 37-year-old man for carrying his computer into an alley then shooting it eight times with a handgun after what authorities said had been a long battle with the uncooperative machine.

Lucas Hinch was cited for discharging a firearm within city limits after officers responded to a "shots fired" call early on Monday evening, the Colorado Springs Police Department said in a statement.

"Investigation revealed a resident was fed up with fighting his computer for the last several months," said the statement, entitled "Man Kills His Computer."

"He took the computer into the back alley and fired eight shots into the computer with a handgun, effectively disabling it," it added.

The Colorado Springs Gazette newspaper cited police as saying Hinch was good-natured about the citation, and that he told officers he had not realized he was breaking the law.

A judge will decide what penalty the citation carries.
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/offbe...ncooperative-computer-with-handgun/ar-AAbt507

that looks like a dell tower to me in the picture in the link.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

ah,thats nothing.ive killed several with my bad judgement. lol

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

LOL Aldan! Been down that road myself. :(

4. ddp

did a hard drive in once with my fist out of frustration when something that should be working didn't want to work.

5. aldan

aldan Active member

when i used to pull wrenches i remember trying to kill a few wrenches.tough buggers tho,they just ricochet off the wall and come flying back at you.

6. ddp

happened with 1 of my stepfather's co-workers who threw a wrench at their boss. missed him(to bad supposedly), hit a wall & broke in 2. their boss called the military police who couldn't prove anything as the broken wrench was replaced.

7. aldan

aldan Active member

too funny.either a cheap wrench or the guy shoulda been pitching in the majors.

8. ddp

wasn't a cheap wrench as the guy served under my stepfather as a 4th class stationary engineer at base borden was a big guy.

9. aldan

aldan Active member

keeerhrist,musta been.

10. ddp

he wasn't tall but was big as he carried my mother into the house with a cast on her leg from a car accident & she was around the 200lb mark.

11. Nepheler

Nepheler Member

LOL sometimes just hate my pc too!

12. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

In order to protect my computers I give all of them a female name. I have never abused a lady.. although, I have repaired a lot of holes that I kicked in sheet rock walls. That is, until I kicked a stud and broke 3 toes... :(

13. ddp

the closes I came to doing that was when I put my fist thru my bedroom window in my pre-teens. I don't think I suffered any cuts from that.

14. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i snapped a spanner working on a car, trying to remove a bolt and mechanic telling me put my weight into it i pretty much pushing/holding the spanner full body weight ( i would of been 160-170lb) and snap went the spanner but it was a cheap made in china spanner so didn't matter.Almost did it again a few weeks later at a wrecking yard but the boss went into his office and gave me an american made spanner to use nearly lifted myself off the ground on a bolt but got it out.

I've punched walls,chairs,pcs,windows, i have a habbit of going nuts and yeah im surprised i havn't smashed my own pc, guns arn't really an option in australia for destroying our pcs, gun laws are too strict.

@2oldGeek interesting technique but i got told if someone attacks you to defend yourself regardless of if they are male or female or even human.

15. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

LOL, I said: "I have never abused a lady." If she steps out of her "lady" position and takes a poke at me, she gets what she asked for..... :p

16. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

*snigger* .. Same trick with mine.. posting tonight from Asuka :D