1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colors while playing a video on monitor is wack, need HELP!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ceja_11, Feb 26, 2005.

1. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

Here is my problom. I have a hp 2025 20 inch flat lcd monitor. A Geforce 4 mx 4000 128mb AGP. Ok the desktop colors looks ok, but when i play a video the colors are way off or to bright i think for instance i was watching a show that had a chick with white wings and thoes white wings where so bright that it could blind you( over exagerating about the blinding part) any who i paused the scene there and tried to fix it and no go, i tried to fix it from the monitor and nothing and from the video card properties and jack the more i try to fix the more it got worse or it turned into a diff color. Well if someone could tell me how they have theres set so i can try it or has this lcd monitor gone kaput?

2. MyMy

MyMy Member

ceja_11,

Will This Be of any Use To You!!!

h**p://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;984537225;fp;2;fpid;7654

3. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

thnx for your help MyMy, but that was not what i was looking for but that site u gave was a good to know stuff. again thnx...

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are you using the latest drivers for the video card & monitor? what version of directx are you using

5. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

DDp, iam using the latest drivers for my vid card... and iam using direct x 9.0c i think thats latest version for that. And yes iam using the latest drivers for the monitor i picked them up from their websites.

6. ddp

does it just do it on videos or certain videos?? can you try another lcd/crt monitor to see if problem continues or not?

7. jaydeeX3

jaydeeX3 Guest

if u have acces to another PC taek that monitor that u know is good and hook it up to yours and see if it runs into the same problem, and hook up your monitor to the other computer to see if the problem occurs.... you need to cancel out the monitors next....

8. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

i still have my original monitor the other one is fine. its just this other one thats acting all wierd....

9. jaydeeX3

jaydeeX3 Guest

then in my opinion, either your monitor is going out, or your monitor is having a conflict with compatibility possibly with your video card.....

10. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

It may be, if theres some one out there with the cd for the hp 2025 software/drivers could you plz make that cd into an iso and email to me or via messenger?.. thnx

11. ceja_11

ceja_11 Regular member

OH one more thing. also if u have a clabration program you could send me that would be great this is for an lcd hp 2025 flat pannel.

12. ddp