1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Columbia Pictures

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by WG163, Mar 14, 2005.

1. WG163

WG163 Member

i tried to backup my copy of Anacondas i got from the shops,i have used dvd decrypter to rip it to my hard drive and then dvd shrink then to burn to dvd,but when i go to use dvd shrink i get an error message telling be VTS_01_6.vob is missing i have checked and there does not appear to be a VTS_01_6.vob file on the dvd i have had the same problem with a few columbia dvds does anyone know of any solutions

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

yep, plenty of threads with this kind of thing if u do some searching. also there's a freebie proggie called vob blanker that should do it. Basically there are many ways you can do this kind of thing, different solutions for for different ppl - some may suggest anydvd (downloadable 21-day trial), etc etc . But do some searching for missing VOB file you'll be sorted

Rich

3. WG163

WG163 Member

Thanks for that i have tried anydvd and also voblanker with no effect its still the same error message when i try and burn to dvd that VTS_1_06.vob is missing i have searched as well and can't find any entries for missing vob files i would be grateful if anyone has any solutions

4. creaky

here's on partial solution (i did a basic google search for "anacacondas vob" -

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=905511#post905511

plus this might be the one -

http://forum.digital-digest.com/archive/topic/44526-1.html - this one mentioned looking on the official dvd decryptor forum, so it sounds like it's sony arccos protection again, ie similar to layer cake, res evil 2 etc.
    thats a fantastic forum as lightning uk himself (decryptor author) posts constantly/provides huge help

Rich

5. WG163

WG163 Member

Sorry to be a nuisance but i followed the instruction on the previous message and followed the links but maybe i am going blind but i could not see the psl file that i was to download and import nor am i sure as to how to edit it for anacondas as all it seems is they are fixing Resident Evil 2

6. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

You shouldnt have any problems at all with ANACONDAS. Both me and my friend have that movie backed up. We just used decryptor and shrink and it worked just fine. Go here and set up decryptor with the following settings and it should work fine. It sounds like you may of just had a bad rip. Anyways heres the link.

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/ripping.html

7. creaky

it may or may not need a PSL file, i didn't look into it that much, i did a google search for you, glanced thru it and pasted if for you to look into it more closely. As CKY_2084 posted, he got round it without any extra work, this is the norm for ripping, various fixes for various ppl. What i do it try the simple and obvious, if it don't work, try the other solutions, you get there in the end. Post ya progress and when you got it beat make sure to tell us, BUT make sure to word it such that other ppl know it's just one way round it then they know to try other things too

cheers & good luck

Rich

8. WG163

WG163 Member

Chears Creaky for all the help and advice.
    i finially managed to do it and produce two backup copies using two different methods.
    the first method i used for backing up anacondas was i updated to the new version of dvd decrypter and ripped just the main movie files and then burned with nero this gave me a disk i could play back on computer and stand alone dvd player, although i must say it never played back on my samsung dvd player but played okay on my pacific dvd player.
    the next method i tried was to download the latest trial of anydvd and clonedvd2 as someone suggested and then i just used clonedvd and selected just english audio and english subtitles and proceeded with that.that gave me a backup dvd which showed the menu choices and played the whole movie no problem on both of my stand alone dvd players.so in finishing thanks again for all the help from everyone as i was starting to go round the bend with this one, now i have high hopes of backing up any more columbia dvds i get in future,

9. creaky

nice one, happy viewing

Rich

10. creaky

wg163 i know you've cracked it, but for anyome else tuned in, found another thread for this film on -http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?showtopic=20723

Rich

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  11. WG163

WG163 Member

creaky i was curious to see what the link said but alas it would not let me in even though i am registered it kept telling me i was not registered.

12. creaky

well one of the posts on that thread i gave yoyu was from mr dvd decryptor himself - "Yeah, it's the same process Res Evil 2 needed. You need to fix the VTS_VOBU_ADMAP table in IFOedit. The program will actually rip all the files just fine." - i take 'the program' to be dvd decryptor.

"And subracting 12 from the vts_vobu_admap entry should be the same solution with this movie? Seen a lot of error reports on this one in the DVD Shrink forum."

it rings a bell now, i think i just ran vob blanker for res evil 2, it transferred the entire dvd to my hard drive and then i was able to run shrink fine. ie i myself didn't need to do the above stuff.. but each to their own

Rich