1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Combine 2 dvd's to 1 BlueRay Disc?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by OneBadTexican, Jul 10, 2014.

1. OneBadTexican

OneBadTexican Newbie

Here is my situation.

I have copied the 2 original DVD's of The Ten Commandments and then merged them using DVD Remaker. I then obtained the output files and put them in a folder called VIDEO_TS. I also created a blank AUDIO_TS folder.

Then using IMGBurn I burned the two folders to a blank blueray disc. However when I tried to play the disc in my Blueray Disc player it was seen as a data disk and the only way I was able to play it was to select each VOB file individually.

However when I use my media player to play the movie from my VIDEO_TS folder on my desktop computer it plays just fine including all the menus for both movies.

What am I doing wrong? I followed the instructions for combining 2 dvd's from another tutorial on this site but I can't get my blueray player or my ps3 to see it as a blueray disc. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

I

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

Im assuming you want to take the 2 folders and create an iso ( a disc image from them).Most dvd players will play iso files (which is basically a packed image file with the 2 folders in it).

3. OneBadTexican

OneBadTexican Newbie

I have already merged the two dvd's onto my computer under the folder VIDEO_TS. The program DVDRemaker has created a single folder which includes both DVD's along with a menu. I can play the combined movie from the VIDEO_TS folder just fine from my dvd player program or my media player. What I want to do is burn that VIDEO_TS onto a blank blue ray disk and have it recognized as a blue ray movie and NOT a data disk. I can't seem to make it work.

I do not know what I am doing wrong. I have no problem burning the folder onto a blank blue ray disk. My problem is that the burned disc is not recognized as a blue ray movie and I have to search each VOB file and play it individually.

Can anyone provide me with instructions? Thank you.

4. attar

attar Senior member

I don't have a Blu-Ray burner, or standalone player, so I can't offer much except that from what I have read; the VIDEO_TS structure of a DVD on a Blu-Ray disk, played back on a standalone Blu-Ray player, is not acceptable.
    It has to be converted to the appropriate Blu-Ray structure.
    (This is referring only to Blu-Ray media, not DVD media in the same player).
    I suggest posting at the VideoHelp site for more information.

http://forum.videohelp.com/

5. Mez

Mez Active member

You can use Shrink to combine into 1 iso. That is a much simpler solution you should be able to adjust the iso file size. No thinking is required.