1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combine vob files

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by collierd, Sep 1, 2002.

1. collierd

collierd Member

I'm trying a new method of recording my DVDs onto back-up DVD-Rs. I bought a Panasonic DMR-E20 DVD recorder (stand alone), use smartripper then DVD2AVI to make my file. I installed a Radeon All-in-one card with video out. I connect my video out from the Radeon card to my DVD recorder and can record the movies as they play. This usually takes about 2 hours to make the files and recording time is the length of the movie. The reason I convert to AVI is so I can get one file. With the VOB files, I have to record each one as a new section on the DVD-R. Is there a way to combine the vob files into one large file? This way, I can simply play the single VOB file and record it directly thru my DVD-R.

2. videot40

videot40 Guest

I back up on my E20 with Smart Ripper. by
    using stream processing, you can demux to 2 files (audio & video). then recombine in TMPGEnc (Tools menu)
    as Mpeg2. This file then can be made into DVD with help of My Dvd or DVDit.

3. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

You can rip to a single VOB file. Change the filesize limit of smartripper from 1GB to smething bigger.