1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combined audio split into two seperate streams

Discussion in 'Audio' started by kluu7577, Apr 18, 2007.

1. kluu7577

kluu7577 Member

Could someone please help. I have a audio stream that from a VCD that has two languages on it. Left side is in one language and the right side is in another.

Here is the question, how do I split these two streams apart into two mono files then using each mono file to create them into stereo files? Does anyone have a clue? I know this sounds a bit confusing but any help is really appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

2. Teadux

Teadux Guest

Sorry but it is not possible =(

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Oh it is.. Run the file into some audio recording software (google for a few, you may need to do an audio grab off your soundcard, but I don't think so.. there are tools to strip sound from vcd's, either or both channels) and only record the channel you want.. You end up with single channel audio.. yup? with me so far?

Then run that single channel file back through the same program with the input set to single channel mono, and the output set to stereo.. It won't make a stereo file, but will output the same audio on both channels.

Sorry.. have to dash out.. check this link for possibilities.
    http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1689410
    If you can't find anything that will do the job, post back and I'll have a really good search.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  4. Teadux

Teadux Guest

U R a stalker aren't u ;)

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

No..just coincidence.. I know a lot about audio and vcd/dvd ripping. Ask one of the moderators if you don't believe me.
    I'm sure you will be meeting one soon.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  6. Teadux

Teadux Guest

hehe It was a joke dude , Chill;)

7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Dude?! Loolz

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Teadux,

When you feel you can be genuinely helpful, knock off the post padding and not treat our forums like your playground feel free to come back.

9. kluu7577

kluu7577 Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know if I get stuck.

10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I have subscribed (the only one) so I will get notified if you need more help.. Post here if you need me.. ;)