1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

combing effect/deinterlaced look

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by furious4, Dec 5, 2004.

1. furious4

furious4 Member

I am having some problems that are drving me mad! After I upload footage into my PC it ends up becoming all combed, deinterlaced or whatever we call it. I use Premier Pro, a PAL camera, 3.2 Athlon processor and 1 gig of RAM. I have changed the project settings, capture settings, put new graphics card in, and done everything else I can think of. The footage becomes progessively more deinterlaced as it is in my PC and is like ti in differnt programmes such as Premier 6.5, Sony Vegas and even playback in Windows Media player. Hey, if theres any advice out there would save me alot of stress.

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

you need to deinterlace it.
    try virtaldub, select filter and deinterlace.

3. furious4

furious4 Member

okay thanks for that, I will try it when I get hold of the software. But why is it being uploaded in that state when all the settings seem to be right on Adobe Premeir for the project

4. furious4

furious4 Member

okay thanks for that, I will try it when I get hold of the software. But why is it being uploaded in that state when all the settings seem to be right on Adobe Premeir for the project

5. shiroh

shiroh Guest

don't really understand what you're saying....

does your camera have progressive mode ?
    use that next time.

you can deinterlace in premiere, but i never try it. not that virtauldub's deinterlacing is great but its the easiest way, unless you want to use avisynth.

speaking of avisynth
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/avisynth_tutorial.cfm

6. furious4

furious4 Member

what i am completely baffled about is why its happening in the first place. The camera doesnt have progressive scan mode. We use different cameras for the shoots(XL1s, PD150s and sometimes smaller single chip cameras but they are all PAL) but I use the same camera to upload the stuff(Sony DCR PC5E). It is a PAL camera but when in player mode it has on the options for playback: NTSC on PAL or NTSC, this confuses me as it is supposed to be a PAL camera so why would it be biased to NTSC. I am just trying to figure out why all the stuff I upload into my PC has interlaced problems and at the moment the camera is my main suspect but I am no expert and desperate to find a solution to this so I can carry on with making films. thanks