1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

combing short disks into one

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Johndvdq, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Johndvdq

Johndvdq Member

I have 15 dvd's each about 20 minutes long (5 hours total). I'd like to lower the quality and put them all on one disk.

I read thru the guides and it looks like I need to copy each DVD (using Shrink) removing the unwanted features and compressing 60% with output to a 'VIDEO_TS' folder.

So, if I reapeat this for all 15 disks.
    The guide also says to use Nero to author the new disk by dragging all the files under 'Video_TS'

I can only have one 'VIDEO_TS' correct?

If so,
    Do I have to rename the files under the different disk 'VIDEO_TS' files.
    Is it like explorer where you need a unique name (writes over the file) or is it like a playlist where you can have the same name? I did one disk and there must be 20 files under it with generic names and a counter.

Thanks,

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There are several ways you can accomplish this. I will give you one using DVD Shrink.
    This is assuming you have already ripped all of your movies to your hard drive in there own individual folders.
    1. Open Shrink
    2. Click on "Reauthor"
    3. Browse to your fist movie under the right preview window.
    4. Now drag your "main movie" into the left preview window.
    5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have all of the movies in the left preview window.
    6. Click on "back up" and use shrink as you normally would.

You could do this in Nero but all the files would already have to be shrunk down to fit on one disk anyway so why not just use shrink to do it all. You could use nero vision express (NVE) and add menus to each of your movies. Problem there is NVE seems to compress movies more than you need and it takes forever (hours), but some people like to have the menus. I dont care for the menus I would rather have better quality. Besides most DVD player's will let you choose which title (which is each movie) you want to watch so you only need to know where each title (move) is. Good luck and I hope this helps you out. If you want a guide with pictures on how to do this I have one here http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/
    I have submitted this guide to AD, but they havent posted it? It is the guide that says "joining 2 movies using DVD Shrink"

Happy days :)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Johndvdq

Johndvdq Member

bbmayo,
    I only have one of the DVD's on my hard drive (I had checked "create VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS subfolders", I don't need these do I, I can just pick Hard disk folder as my target, correct?
    Thanks again,
    John

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That is correct. Don't use the create Audio_TS and Video_TS folders Uncheck them they are of no use and only cause problems. Again check out my sight I posted earlier it is alittle more in detail and should help you more :) After you have all the movies on your hard drive hopefully using shrink to get rid of any extras. Then you can do as I suggested above to make your movie, Back it up to your hard drive or burn with nero either way you will still have the completed movie with all the movies together in one folder on your hard drive when complete.

V.R,
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  5. Johndvdq

Johndvdq Member

Thanks. Can't wait to try it.