1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combining a 3 part movie file into one

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by kacechase, Jun 3, 2007.

1. kacechase

kacechase Guest

I am trying to find the best and easiest way to combine 3 parts to the same type movie into one. I have tried Virtualdub and it eats itself up doing it-lol mixes sound up etc. When I use small joiners the sound is always off. No problems combining 2 part files and I am lost-Didn't think it would be so problematic. BTW I am an experienced Novice when it comes to such matters so please bare with me, Thank you.
    Ken

2. attar

attar Senior member

Using a combination of VirtualDubMod and SuperĀ© I have joined multiple clips without the sync problems.
    The files must be from the same source.
    The Video FPS and the Audio sample rate and bit rate have to be the same and the audio has to be constant bit rate (CBR).
    In your case where the two joined ok but appending the third results in an out of sync, you can load the joined pair then clip a few frames from the end (perhaps from the end back one key frame) and save the file Video/Audio direct/direct.
    Reload the new file then append the third, save direct/direct and recheck the sync.
    Note VirtualDubMod when detecting a VBR offers to rewrite the header, this should be declined, but the file should be recompressed to CBR (Lame MP3)