1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combining CD1 and CD2?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Tybriah, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Tybriah

Tybriah Member

Alright I have read through the threads on this forum and still can't find my answer. I was hoping someone could help me with this annoying problem!

Okay, I have a vcd movie that is in two parts CD1 and CD2. I have no problem burning each part to a CD-R and watching them on a DVD player. My problem is that I would like for them to be on the same CD-R. The files once combined will fit on a single CD-R but how do you combine them?
    Thanks in advanced!

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. What kind of files are we talkin here? (AVI, DAT, MPG)
    2. More info on the Video Threads but a quickie
    - If its an AVI then a simple job with VirtualDUB is all you need (open the first part, File-->Append Video Segment, Video --> Direct Stream Copy, File -> Save As AVI)
    - If its MPG/DAT then its a job for TMPGEnc (open it up, File --> MPEG Tools, [Simple] Merge and Cut)

3. krazywop

krazywop Member

I have 2 mpg's that i tried joining using TMPenc. It seemed to work but when i try to watch it the sound is not in sync with the audio. Is there some trick to getting the audio and video to match up when joining mpg's?

thanks...........

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Moved to a more appropriate room.