1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combining Subtitles (1 cd to 2 cd)

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by prncess21, Feb 26, 2007.

1. prncess21

prncess21 Member

Hello. I have an srt file for a movie which was ripped as a 1 cd. However the movie itself is a 2 cd file.

How do i split the 1 cd srt file to make it and sync with the 2 cd movie file i have???

i have subtitle workshop...but very new to this. please help.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

About the sync, if the subtitle is in sync with CD1.avi will remain in sync with CD2.avi.
    I split the subtitle with SubTool ( http://users.skynet.be/stijnbal/subtool/ ):
    1) load the subtitle
    2) go to the [split] screen
    3) choose a number under 'size of the segments' (frames or sec). Keep maximum number of segments = 2. The conversion frames <---> sec depends on the framerate of the input file you've choses, but you can choose the split poing by guess.

The number tells Subtool where to spit the subtitle (the greater it is, the longer sub-1.srt will be). You'll split sub.srt into two files:

sub-1.srt
    and
    sub-2.srt

If needed, you can synchronize sub-2.srt (sub-1.srt will be as synchronized as sub.srt was).
    The only caution: if the split time will occur during a subtitle, it will appear in both halves of the SRT file.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007