1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast Digital TV

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by dallan953, Jun 29, 2012.

1. dallan953

dallan953 Member

I can't seem to find an answer to my question. A few days ago Comcast went all digital in my area. Before Comcast went all digital, if we only subscribed to basic TV, local digital channels were in HD if you had an HDTV with a digital tuner. I have an HDTV with a digital tuner and an HD DVR with a digital tuner. On my TV, I have lost the HD digital channels, but my DVR they are still there. How can this be? What has comcast done to block the channels on my TV but not on my DVR???

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

3. dallan953

dallan953 Member

Well, calling Comcast and getting an intelligent answer is harder than getting blood from a turnip. I guess it's a cheap way to call India though.

But seriously, I checked the specs on my DVR and it has an ATSC tuner and my TV has a Clear QAM tuner. From what I can tell from googling around, they are basically the same kind of tuner. Anyone know if there's a difference? If so, what is it?

Thanks......

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012