1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast DVR Noisy HDs

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by iluvtech, Feb 8, 2005.

1. iluvtech

iluvtech Member

Had the DVR box now for a little over a week and I have to say it has changed my sad little life ;), no longer am I a slave to the TV schedule of the major Networks.

The one gripe I have is the ticking Hard Drive noises coming from the dual Hard Drives inside the box, I wouldn’t mind so much, but my box is in our Bedroom and when the box is recording during the twilight hours it is exceptionally noticeable.

Has anyone else noticed this? Do I have a faulty box, I've not noticed any problems, or have any complaints other than this.

Besides sticking the box in the corridor and adding a 20ft extension cable does anyone have any tips for quieting this noisy beast down?

2. charlie-w

charlie-w Guest

The DVR doesn't have dual hard drives, only dual TUNERS. They both record to the same 120 gb hard drive. And mine is noisy too, all the time, not only when it's recording. The drive is spinning as long as the DVR is powered, and even if you're not recording anything, it's still buffering whatever channel is on each of the tuners.