1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comeplete newbie at this...

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by MercuryZ, Nov 24, 2007.

1. MercuryZ

MercuryZ Member

Hi all, this is my first post so go easy on me if this has all been explained before.
    I should first say that I tried looking for a guide of some sort and came out empty...So if one exists please direct me towards it.
    I recently bought a 42" LCD which ofcourse is HD ready. It's connected via a DVI to HDMI cabel to my PC:
    X1900XT 512MB with latest drivers
    X2 4400+ CPU
    2GB OCZ platinum kit
    Asus A8N SLI Premium

I got a 25GB iso for The Matrix (the first one) which I mounted with daemon tools, but from here on my PC is clueless. It registers the drive just fine with the name and folders inside (2 of them) but I have no idea how to play this.
    I tryed VLC (the latest from this website) but after a quick read in this forum I realized there was more to it...

Any help at this would be MUCH appreciated cause I got a sample from a 15GB Transformers rip and it looks SPECTACULAR! which of course makes me itch for HD like a crazy man :)

2. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

YA
    idid almost the same thing
    i did with transformers
    but iwasnot able to play with vlc player/powerdvd ultrs/windvd8
    something mssing
    hey bythe way how did u do the iso image of the matrix
    imean which softy u use

3. MercuryZ

MercuryZ Member

I didn't create this ISO, I "got" it. Rather a friend did. It's marked The.Matrix.1999.UNTOUCHED.DL.HDDVD-Details.

4. MercuryZ

MercuryZ Member

A small update. I tried PowerDVD ultra (7.3304) and it works like a charm :)
    It sees the iso as a HD-DVD and plays it flawlessly. The quality is worse then Transformers but I imagine that's because the movie was not filmed in HD format and is converted (is this true?) to HD in some way.

I was also scared that my CPU won't be up for the job but it never exceeded 40%.