1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Command & Conquer 3 freezes, I think It's my RAM. What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by bridq, Jun 19, 2007.

1. bridq

bridq Regular member

I'm trying to play Command & Conquer 3, but everytime I play the game it freezes and I dont' know what it can be. I'm assuming it's because my system is using all my resources. Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 4600+ 2.40 GHz
    RAM: 2 GB or RAM
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra

In the Windows task manager I took a picture and this is what the Processes tab looks like

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/bdequinia/specs.jpg

Is this what is causing my game to freeze? Do you think you guys can tell me which processes I don't need? How do I prevent my computer from autimatically using these programs?

Any help is greatly appreciated; thanks!

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

3. bridq

bridq Regular member

i think you might be right because when I play the game weird patches of blue and green appear on the screen before the game locks up. I wonder if I can play the game on low settings? I thought this game was supposed to run on very low systems?

4. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

its a newer game and i dont think it is supposed to run on low end computers. if you turn down the settings that should help a little. but all you need is a new video card. 7600gt or higher with 256mb would work.

5. bridq

bridq Regular member

It works now! I put everything on the lowest settings and it works fine (even though it doesn't look very good). I paid $300 for my geforce and it's already outdated which sucks; I don't think I want to buy another graphics card anytime soon. I'll just play it on low settings. thanks for your help!

6. wetsparks

wetsparks Regular member

Welcome to the world of PC gaming.