1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Command Sequence Error"

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by JC531, Feb 18, 2007.

1. JC531

JC531 Member

I'm sure many of you can appreciate how frustrated I am right now. I ordered the Plextor PX-760A internal burner and it was working perfectly when i got it. I probably burned about 30 discs. Then one day, i started getting errors in VSO ConvertXtoDVD program.

Then i switched to Nero for awhile. Although, i still got the same error no matter how i burned it. I've tried updating my firmware, slowing down the speed of the burn, using SAO and DAO, and yet...no success. I'm honestly thinking that it's a problem with the burner itself, but i'm hoping that one of you can convince me that it isn't.

(BTW) I'm kind of new when it comes to burning, but not when it comes to computers. I thought i'd mention it so whoever attempts to help me fix this problem doesn't have to explain what they mean in excruciating detail. =)

Here's the Nero log:

Please help. I'm really hoping that it's not something wrong with the drive itself.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

3. JC531

JC531 Member

I unzipped the contents of the first link and removed Roxio (didn't even know i had it). I went back into Nero Burning ROM and started the burn at 8x with the same Sony media. It didn't work. It stopped writing around 30%.

...any more suggestions? Or did i do something wrong?

4. JC531

JC531 Member

Edit: realized i didn't install the aspi. doing that now. ^_^ I just didn't want anyone to call me a "complete genius" (obvious sarcasm.)

5. JC531

JC531 Member

Trying again.

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

7. JC531

JC531 Member

I tried to slow down my speed to 4x, but it only offered a 6x option. The burn got to about 70% and then the command sequence error appeared. Here's the log:

I just want to thank you for all your help so far. At least my burner isn't stopping at 4% anymore.

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

9. JC531

JC531 Member

I did the steps that the tutorial said, but both drivers were on "dma if available". So i uninstalled and reinstalled my driver, and once again, it stopped at 60% and gave me the error.

10. JC531

JC531 Member

I just really don't understand why it would burn 40 perfect discs and then just start getting a command sequence error.