1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commando 8.20 and IDE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by mhill7895, May 22, 2007.

1. mhill7895

mhill7895 Member

Has anyone set up an IDE drive on Commando 8.20 yet? If so, could you shed some light on the process for configuring the drive for use? i.e. which filesystem types to use, the order for formating and creating a partition, etc.

I have a 60GB Samsung drive installed using the hallenberg kit, I've enabled the IDE driver and it can see the drive (it shows Samsung and the serial number on the IDE setup screen and also the drive size 58xxx MB), but even after formatting it says that the available space is 0...

Thanks for any help!

2. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

3. mhill7895

mhill7895 Member

I'll give it another go tonight. I'm pretty sure this is the process I did myself and it always comes up as free capacity 0.

Hmm...

4. mhill7895

mhill7895 Member

Followed the process from the link.

It recognises the disk and the correct size, but formating seems to be a problem. It either formats very quickly (and I get 0 free space) or it takes hours and frankly I turn it off.

Any thoughts?

On a side note. I have a 160gb 2.5" drive and I bought an adapter for it so that it can plug into a standard 3.5" socket, however it't not very clear as to which way up the adapter should go. Also the ribbon cable has a blank space instead of a hole in the middle at the bottom, however there is a pin on the adapter (and the disk as well).

Any other thoughts?

5. mhill7895

mhill7895 Member

Looks like there is a bug in 8.2...

From what I can see it is impossible to format a new drive in 8.2 - everything else works 100%, but you need to format a fresh drive in 7.5